During Wednesday evening’s Republican debates, some of the hopefuls admitted to America that not only had they “tried weed,” but that their stances on drug policy was the least offensive of all their platforms. “I think if we left it open, we could see how many people smoked pot in high school,” said Rand Paul,…
The gut-wrenching documentary Blackfish is having the exact effect SeaWorld worried it might have: it's putting people off of SeaWorld, most recently musical acts like the Canadian band Heart, Willie Nelson, and Barenaked Ladies.
Willie Nelson knows a thing or two about music, marijuana, and marriage — and, it's for his thoughts on those three things (and those killer braids!) that he's a stellar example of using celebrity for awesome.
Michelle Obama is convinced that her husband Barack—you know, the President of the United States—is squirreling George Clooney away in nooks and crannies of the White House whenever he comes to visit. The President has been kicking it with Clooney ("a wonderful guy") since they worked together on Darfur and Sudan…
In this PSA-style ad for Chipotle, an animated farmer modernizes his business, then decides to return to sustainable farming as Willie Nelson sings "The Scientist." The commercial will run in 5,700 movie theaters across the country and Fast Company assures viewers:
- In an upcoming MTV documentary about her, Nicki Minaj discusses how The Showbiz's double-standardism discourages women artists from being more assertive. "When I am assertive, I'm a bitch," she says. "When a man is assertive, he's a boss."
- Those who reported Lindsay Lohan's mom was in L.A. to make sure she showed up for her deposition today clearly don't know Dina Lohan. Mom and daughter partied until 2 a.m., and Lindsay was 22 minutes late to court.
In this week's compilation of pop culture crap, Willie Nelson admits to Larry King that he's stoned on TV, Niecy Nash has a distracting booger, and someone invents porn for blind people, much to blind people's chagrin.
- Ian Halperin, who recently wrote an unauthorized book about Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, claims that Angie hooked up with Lady Gaga recently and, "Apparently, Angie is obsessed with Lady GaGa." Halperin explains:
Over the weekend, a picture of Michael Phelps smoking a bong was made public. What's the big deal? It's not like he's the first (or last) celeb to toke.
- Aside from Janet, the Jacksons are all pretty much broke, working odd jobs, and living with their parents. [TMZ]
- Speaking of financial troubles: Heath Ledger was only worth $145,000 at the time of his death. [TMZ]
- Amy Winehouse's husband Blake is trying to get her to fund his drug habit in while he's locked up, which…