In a new video for Big Think, George Takei, noted internet god and LGBT+ rights activist, explains why Star Trek, a show that embraced diversity, didn’t feature one gay character during its original run. The reason: audiences weren’t ready for it.
During a recent interview with The New York Times, presidential candidate (and noted butter lover) Ted Cruz revealed that he’s a big fan of Star Trek, going as far as to speculate that Captain Kirk—as a “working class,” “passionate fighter for justice”—is a Republican. William Shatner has since weighed in and does not…
Having demolished its original goal, the Reading Rainbow Kickstarter crew is now aiming for $5 million. To get there, LeVar Burton has called upon his Star Trek colleagues for a series of live readings in L.A. and New York. Among them: Patrick Stewart and William Shatner.
Despite the claim on this week's People magazine cover, Jennifer Lopez DOES have one regret: Camp J. Lo is intensely unhappy with the cover photo, accompanying an interview with the star that is timed precisely to upstage Mariah Carey's judging stint on American Idol. Unfortunately, the plan backfired, as Lopez…
Awww, man. B-Shatz! Whyyyyy? I mean, it's not like your everyday persona has given anyone the impression that you aren't totally 'nanners, but do you have to take it to the next level? Creepo-'nanners? Gross. A couple of William Shatner's former employees (who, by the way, could be total jerk liars—I don't know) are…
Dana Zemack has been making stick figure comics since she was 12. This week, she made one just for us.
Latex is okay, booze is fine, preposterous platforms? Hell yes. But don't do coke, Lady Gaga chides. She was on Howard Stern's show yesterday, and said: "To any little sweethearts that are listening - don't touch cocaine, it's the devil." She explained her coke snorting days thusly: "I think that I was lonely and…
The show Fairly Legal opens with the heroine, Kate, stumbling out of her houseboat and dodging repeated calls from someone labeled "The Wicked Witch of the West."
- David Cassidy was arrested last night in Florida and charged with DUI. Police found a half empty bottle of bourbon in his car, and say he almost hit another vehicle.
Today in Tweet Beat, hell has frozen over. Spencer Pratt is making sense in his beef with Perez Hilton. Plus, Meghan McCain is not doing a reality show.
- While attempting to disguise himself by wearing a baseball cap, thick glasses, and a giant fake mustache in L.A. today, Mel Gibson approached a paparazzo sitting in a car and asked, "What's the matter? Got nothing better to do?"
- Lindsay Lohan has been released from jail after serving 13 full days.
- Staff at the hotel where Orlando Bloom and Miranda Kerr spent their honeymoon claim that Orlando openly talked about his wife's pregnancy:
- Radar has released another section of the Mel Gibson tape in which Oksana Grigorieva asks him why he hit her in the face while she was holding their baby. He replies, "You fucking deserved it."
Today in Tweet Beat, Spencer Pratt has returned to his Twitter account, saying he's a changed man while exhibiting his same gross behavior. Plus, Jessica Simpson did not have plastic surgery, and Kelly Kapowski had a baby.
Today in Tweet Beat, Jimmy Kimmel recognizes the bizarreness of show biz, Teresa Giudice hates Bethenny Frankel, and Lindsay Lohan is still going on about that E-Trade commercial.