Remember those employees who posted a giant protest sign in the window of a Wet Seal in Seattle? They've been fired. So much for activism.
Wet Seal, bastion of shitty club clothes and mall culture, the Forever 21 of our day, may be headed for bankruptcy. If so, we hereby decree that it be buried next to the tomb of Delia's.
Has Wet Seal, the store you likely shopped at in middle school and then forgot about, become a secretly legit company? Or is it just another clothing monstrosity with a mixed history?
In what seems like a desperate move to switch things up in the midst of a racial discrimination lawsuit and plummeting finances, Wet Seal has fired its relatively new CEO without a replacement in mind. But is the company worth saving at all?
If you were once a teenager and a girl, simultaneously, and, during that awkward/carefree/angst-ridden confluence of age and sex, often took constitutionals around your local concrete-octopus of a mall, odds are you're familiar with the retailer Wet Seal. What you may not know, however, is that, according to a new…
- One of Annie Leibovitz's Louis Vuitton ads with astronauts Sally Ride, Buzz Aldrin, and Jim Lovell is out. (Gorby was busy that weekend.) [WWD]
- Karl Lagerfeld: "Ballet is an extraordinary art: this torture of the body to make something so graceful. All this hard work, to look effortless."
- As celebrity-commodity tie-ups go, it makes a certain kind of sense that Ashlee Simpson would shill for Wet Seal. Wet Seal is sort of the quintessential hollow youth retailer, possessing nary the layers of rigorous protocol and manufactured snobbery of Abercrombie & Fitch nor the countercultural "heritage" of Urban…
- We are Nietzsche and God is dead: Paris Hilton's stint in jail saw her fragrance sales rise 30% higher than where they were at this time last year. [WWD, sub req'd]
- The biggest conflict in the Middle East right now? Crocs. Price-fixing. The Holy Land. Is nothing sacred there? [WWD, sub req'd]
- Daisy Fuentes: A sweatshop…