“With her golden locks bundled into a loose ponytail, everything about Miss Upton is full and perky—including her beguiling personality,” begins Alexa Chung’s British Vogue cover story on Kate Upton, in a statement that does not bode well for the quality of the rest of the piece.
The John Galliano comeback continues, whether you like it or not: the designer has made a return to Vogue UK, acting as a guest-editor on a fashion shoot that will appear in the glossy's December issue. It features (surprise!) Kate Moss, who will also cover the issue.
In a series of ghostly Vogue covers, every 2010 cover in each edition is layered into a single image, revealing the gulf between the formulaic approach of the majority of editions and the more experimental nature of a select few.
British Vogue has just published one of the most beautiful — and original — fashion editorials in ages. It's all about the signs of the zodiac, and it is downright dreamy.
Here are 29 covers from the hallowed, heavy September fashion issues (click to soak it all in). So how do Vogue, Elle, and the smaller titles stack up? Let's put September to a full statistical analysis.
The Danish model Freja Beha Erichsen is having quite the summer. Her androgynous good looks have graced the covers of French, Italian, and British Vogue in quick succession, Karl Lagerfeld loves her, and her Balenciaga campaign just came out.
- Jewelry brand Fred, which is "LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton-owned," has acquired another luxury name as its new face: Kate Moss. She'll be snapped by eyebrowed superstar Patrick Demarchelier with French actor Melvil Poupaud. [WWD]
- Clothing line Anchor Blue has signed Heidi Montag to be its new face. Because execs want to appeal to a "slightly older" demographic. No, really. [WWD, sub req'd]
- Would you like to be Erin O'Connor's escort to a show during London Fashion Week? Well lucky for you she's holding a contest with Vogue UK. To win her hand…
In the December issue of Vogue UK, British GQ features director Alex Bilmes tackles a ladymag staple: "Men's attitudes to women's attitudes to their weight," aka the article wherein a dude criticizes women as a gender for being so weight obsessed. Bilmes covers mostly familiar ground — men don't want women to be…
- Rachel Zoe: prepare to die. The celebrity stylist has announced herself mightier than Anna Wintour! Uh, didn't Zoe ever study Greek mythology in school? Don't taunt the gods. [WWD, 1st item]
- Former Dior Homme designer Hedi Slimane is BFFs with French president Nicolas Sarkozy?! (Might they be interested in a…
- Indie pop band Tilly and the Wall announces Nebraskan style-revolution from the stage of the Coachella Music Festival, saying of their home state: "...you don't really have anywhere to buy clothes except for thrift stores so you just create it yourself, which has led to a ton of crazy style in Omaha." [WWD]
- Having convinced men that they smell Unforgivable, Sean "P.Diddy" Combs takes on the women's fragrance market. His new scent, which smells like a pina colada, will be supported by an ad campaign depicting Diddy forcibly taking a woman from behind. Ah, we love the smell of debatably consensual sex in the morning! [WWD]