- Apparently Madonna's 52nd birthday party over the weekend — which cost $100,00 — was incredibly dull.
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, which premiered at Grauman's Chinese Theatre, is about Michael Cera battling his lady's evil exes. But while there was some dubious fashion on display, nothing was as alarming as our hero's lower half:
- Making a big deal about this video of Miley Cyrus giving a "lap dance" is just silly.
The Pacific, HBO's, well, Pacific-set answer to Band of Brothers, is a ten-part World War II miniseries. In other words, a Television Event. With a Mann's Chinese Theater premiere to match:
This week's Hung reminded me that I've been wanting to write about the show. HBO's new offering follows the story of Ray - a down-on-his-luck, former athlete-turned-coach on a losing streak in life. But he still has a giant dick.
- Brad Pitt has donated $100,000 to the campaign to defeat Proposition 8, the California ballot initiative that would ban same-sex marriage in the state. In a statement, he says: "Because no one has the right to deny another their life even though they disagree with it, because everyone has the right to live the life…
- Ashlee Simpson, 23, is engaged to Fall Out Boy bassist Pete Wentz, 28. He got down on one knee; she said yes. Flat-iron-filled wedding to come! [In Touch Weekly]
- Is Ashlee pregnant? There's no evidence to that end, but whatever. [Us]
- Oh! Is Ashlee's team leaking Mariah Carey songs in hopes of creating less competition…