- Annabelle Neilsen, on Alexander McQueen: "He was loved by so many, but felt loved by so few." A Scottish pipe band played at McQueen's memorial service, and Björk performed in a winged dress made of molded wood and feathers.
- Katy Perry has posed topless for Esquire UK.
Stephanie Seymour's divorce from media multimillionaire Peter Brant is ongoing, but the case is revealing a wealth of information about the ex-couple's, well, wealth. Every month, Brant spends $500,000 keeping his polo ponies and $30,000 on "household supplies."
- Stephanie Seymour's divorce from Peter Brant is getting even uglier. After police were called to the couple's home following Seymour's complaint that Brant's security assaulted her, Brant has accused the model of drug use and is seeking sole child custody:
- Creator of this season's mightiest shoes, Alexander McQueen, is suing Steve Madden. McQueen's lawyers say the only reason the Madden is a knock-off and not a pure counterfeit is the omission of the logo'd zipper pull. (L-R: McQueen, Madden.) [WWD]
- The details of Fashion's Night Out — aka Anna Wintour's Plan To Save Retail — have been announced. Over 700 stores in all five boroughs will be participating in events that range from sewing circles to cook-ins to rock shows:
The news that '90s supermodel Karen Mulder was arrested in Paris for making death threats to her plastic surgeon could be written off as, at worst, a punchline, or at best, the latest expression of an unbalanced woman's erratic behavior.
The Met's much-hyped "Model as Muse" exhibit opens with a life-sized mannequin in Dior holding Dovima's place in front of two posterboard elephants. It's fashion as ticky-tacky natural history diorama. And it only gets worse.