The origins of the card game Old Maid trace back to the 17th century, with players trying to form pairs out of all of their cards until someone—the loser—is left with the lonely, unmatched, single old maid. In the past 130 years, retail card decks have been produced specifically for Old Maid, always featuring… »
In a new study, titled "I'm a Loser, I'm Not Married, Let's Just All Look at Me," researchers found that female subjects felt that "the stigma associated with being single at that age has not diminished." [Eurekalert] »
Kit Naylor says she's "55 years old, a spinster long past my sell-by date, no kids — and I haven't had sex in a decade and a half." In her article on Salon, she writes that she could probably score some casual sex, but she wants to be in love — and historically, she's fallen in love with unavailable men. So for the… »
- Happy New Year, little Jewzebels. It's starting off pretty rocky, but we guided you through the rough shoals of the VP debates with a steady hand and a drunken heart.
- This Palin supporter sounded like she was drunk with her garbled endorsement of the moosetest with the mostest.
- Times are tough for this country,… »
- Eating chocolate is more of a turn-on than kissing, says a new study. Bullshit! Everyone remembers their first kiss! Who remembers their first Hersheys? [DailyTelegraph]
- The Bush Administration's expensive abstinence-only programs were colossal failures. Expensive? Failures? Bush Administration? Definitely a theme… »