【The following was originally posted on The Mary Sue (Abrams Media Network) and has been republished here with permission.】About a year ago, I went with friends to see a live reading of Welcome to Night Vale and was shocked by the amount of screaming coming from women in the audience.
In today's edition of Tweet Beat, Kristen Chenoweth seeks sleep's sweet embrace, Slash hates touch screens but probably also hates his lack of motor skills, and Kim Kardashian casually mentions she's eating a grapefruit like a healthy, not gigantic person.
Oh my god, who gives a shooooooot. Apparently Stew-Meat and the Patt-work Boy of Oz (I'm BORED, okay!?) are "set to put on a united front" during the press blitz for Twilight 7: Legend of Curly's Farts. What that means, exactly, remains unclear. According to a source:
- If you breathed a sigh of relief after Jake Gyllenhaal and Taylor Swift ended their confounding relationship, we have bad news for you: It wasn't over. It still isn't over ... if you count a friendly dinner as "dating."
- In a totally predicable career move, Kim Kardashian has started recording an album. It seems Kim wants to be a pop star, thus proving that she has talent for something other than making sexyface and gabbing about her family.
Some are alarmed that Rihanna's skin is painted black in her new video, "Rockstar 101," but frankly, it doesn't seem like anything to get worked up about.
- There's a rumor circulating that Lady Gaga had her leg amputated, including this "quote": "This is the latest fashion I'm starting... I'm a world leader when it comes to wacky and weird shit." Don't worry: Gaga's legs are intact.
- Miley Cyrus, 17, is getting her own place.
- Rihanna has been told to dress "conservatively" for her New Year's Eve gig at the the Emirates Palace in Abu Dhabi. A source reports that her team is frantic and, "Rihanna is tearing her hair out over what to do..."