Welcome to Midcentury Madness, where we hop in the car with Ryan O’Neal after he invites us out, drive from party to party meeting every hip young famous person in Hollywood, listen to him complain about his former wives and daughter Tatum while barreling around curves in Laurel Canyon, scream, “RYAN SLOW DOWN,” and…
In a new memoir, Anjelica Huston reveals she was violently attacked by her ex-boyfriend Ryan O'Neal and was once busted for cocaine possession with Roman Polanski.
- We've heard about it before, but apparently the specter is persistent: Lady Gaga is "terrified" and "annoyed" by a ghost that has been following her while she's on tour. The ghost's name is Ryan.
- Sandra Bullock made a surprise appearance at the Spike TV Guys Choice Awards last night, picking up the Troops Choice award for Entertainer of the Year, which was voted on by members of the military. [People]
- Lindsay Lohan keeps saying she's hard at work on something, and now we may know what's been keeping her so busy: At Perez Hilton's birthday party this weekend, she debuted a new song called "Stuck."
And by "it," we refer of course to badassery. (When it came to the actual red-carpet looks at L.A.'s ArcLight Cinemas Cinerama Dome, Kristen, Dakota et al may have, sort of, technically, kind of looked a lot better.)
- There's a rumor that Sean Penn was thrown out of the Governor's Ball last night for punching Greg Shapiro, a Hurt Locker producer reportedly dating Robin Wright. Though there are numerous sources, gossips can't seem to get their stories straight:
- In the new issue of U.K. Harper's Bazaar, Megan Fox announces, "I've only been with two men my entire life. My childhood sweetheart and Brian [Austin Green]," not that it's any of our business.
- In a lengthy interview with The Sun, Lindsay Lohan discusses her drug abuse history, saying her father talking to the press made her hit "rock bottom" and, "I tried to mask my problems with alcohol, cocaine and mind-altering substances."
- John Mayer went to a gay club in Palm Springs on Saturday night. According to an eyewitness, a man approached him and "planted a big kiss right on his lips – and John seemed to enjoy it!"
- On Tuesday night, hours after his sentencing, Chris Brown partied at a night club in Hollywood. His probation report says he can't drink or be in places that serve alcohol, but he may get off on a technicality.
- Rihanna will appear on the September 14 launch of The Jay Leno Show — her first performance since being assaulted by Chris Brown in February. But she won't be alone:
- Lindsay Lohan is on the cover of Elle UK — the shoot where jewelry went missing! — and here's what Editor-in-Chief Lorraine Candy writes in her Editor's letter: