Ron Howard’s In the Heart of the Sea, based on the supposed inspiration for Moby Dick, hit theaters this weekend. It didn’t do so hot, failing to oust Mockingjay, Part 2 from the number-one spot it’s occupied for four weeks. Maybe the movie could’ve used more dildos?
After seeing the trailer for In the Heart of the Sea several times over the past few weeks, I thought I knew what it was about: Chris Hemsworth, a whaler, goes whaling with his whaler friends, gets attacked by an enormous sperm whale who refuses to be whaled, hops in a tiny boat with the other surviving whalers, and…
Like any city, Los Angeles has its upsides and drawbacks. One major benefit of living in Los Angeles, I’m learning, are the pretty fancy and very free cocktails parties that accompany film screenings.
In today's Tweet Beat, Bette Midler comes in with the knockout Putin joke, Taylor Swift would like to remind you that she's going on tour and Ron Howard takes a selfie.
In today's Tweet Beat, Yoko Ono visits a museum like only Yoko Ono can, Ron Howard also takes time to appreciate some art and Adele Dazeem is looking flawless.
The celebrity feud rumor mill has apparently churned out a certifiable lump of crap — Beyoncé totally did not snub Kim Kardashian because Kim Kardashian never impertinently approached Ron Howard to demand that he cast her in one of his movies. Or maybe, this latest news of conviviality is the crap rumor and Beyoncé…
- "I want a guy who takes charge, but lets me have my say once in a while," Taylor Swift says. Only once in a while, though! Could this explain why she's been dating older men?
- Nicolette Sheridan is suing her former employer, Desperate Housewives creator Marc Cherry, claiming he physically abused her on the set.
- Naomi Campbell's driver says she hit him from behind and his head struck the steering wheel while they were on the road in Manhattan. When he pulled over, Naomi bolted from the SUV and police are still looking for her.
- Leggings! Drama! Lindsay Lohan and her BFF, a shaggy-haired dude named Patrick "Pootie" Aufdenkamp, had a falling out while on vacay in St. Barts.
- A fan of Britney Spears rushed up on stage and tried to dance with Brit Brit on Saturday night in Connecticut. He was quickly surrounded by backup dancers and "escorted" away. There's video. [Perez]
'Tis the season for Oscar-bait and there is no better way to start it off than with Ron Howard's Frost/Nixon. The film is based on the play of the same name by Peter Morgan and stars Frank Langella and Michael Sheen in roles they originated for Morgan's play, which revolves around the five-part 1977 interview between…
- Less than six months after giving birth to daughter Honor, Jessica Alba is is pimping Campari in her skivvies. [People]
- First he loses the prestigious Sexiest Man Alive designation to Hugh Jackman, and now George Clooney is allegedly miffed because he wanted to direct Frost/Nixon but the honor went to Ron Howard. …