Earlier this week, a jury of eleven women and one man convicted former Illinois governor Rod Blagojevich on 17 of 20 charges related to corruption. So much for the theory that emotionally susceptible ladies would never convict him.
• Two suicide bombers attacked a women's cafeteria and a faculty building at an Islamic university in Pakistan today, killing four people and wounding at least 18, in a bombing linked to the army's offensive against the Taliban. •
- This week's New York Times Magazine cover story on Obama's first hundred days doesn't look exceptionally celebratory. It looks more like, "This is what 100 days as President will do to you." [NY Times]
- Congratulations to MSNBC's David Schuster for the best tea-bagging pun ever: "if you are planning simultaneous tea bagging all around the country, you're going to need a Dick Armey." Yes, yes, you do. [Huffington Post]
Barack Obama may be frustrated with how his economic stimulus plans are proceeding, but hey, join the club: Everyone in Washington right now has something to be frustrated about.
- The Bidens plan to add to their household by getting another puppy from the pound. Double puppy snuggles! [Huffington Post]
In the midst of the hour, Time (unsurprisingly) announced that Barack Obama was its Person of the Year. Ana Marie Cox and I aren't mad, though, we swear!
- Enough states' electors have cast ballots for Obama by now that, today, he was officially elected President of the United States. [MSNBC]