Rihanna, who debuted her Fenty for Puma fall collection at Fashion Week, is proving to be a financial lifesaver for the brand.
Here’s the the first ad from Rihanna’s much-anticipated union with Puma—in which she is a creative director for women’s and muse to the world.
Rihanna is rumored to have been in talks with Puma for weeks, but now it's confirmed: WWD reports that she will now officially oversee the athletic wear brand's women's line, "customizing" existing lines and creating new ones. What might this mean for you, if Rihanna's Instagram is any indication? Creeper Puma Clydes!
In a seeming effort to figure out just how depraved and pathetic sports fans truly are, Puma commissioned researchers at Bristol University to figure out whether fans of soccer team Newcastle United care more about their team or their wives/girlfriends. The study didn't bother with female subjects because, as everyone…
We so often hear about the human "predator" known as the cougar, that we sometimes forget that there are actual animals that inspired the nickname for ladies who go a-huntin' for younger manfolk. But did you know that cougars of the big cat variety very nearly went extinct during the last century? Well, they did, but…
- A London stylist says the upcoming V size issue is "such an extreme response to the size-zero hoopla...I don't think using outsize models is really the way to change perceptions." Others, however, are more positive:
- Madonna goes all Italian neorealist for spring's Dolce & Gabbana campaign. You'd almost swear these images were by Vittorio de Sica, not Steven Klein. The advertising shots ran as editorial content "previewed" in Italian Vanity Fair. [Swide]
- Gwyneth Paltrow's clothing line with Zoetees is hitting stores this month. The collection includes tee shirts, studded tank tops, and a grey oversized blazer — fine basics, but there's no indication why the line should start at £100. [Elle UK]
- No plain yearbook headshot for this year's CFDA nominees: Jason Wu, Marc Jacobs, Alexander Wang, et al posed for Craig McDean while wearing their own creations. [WWD]
- Leggings impresario Lindsay Lohan is rumored to be seeking a position as Ungaro's "creative consultant." Designer Esteban Cortazar is allegedly spitting…
- The economic situation has encouraged a measure of conservatism in fashion, but this is extreme. Versace's Fall 2009 ads with Gisele Bundchen in a jewel-toned dress under strong directional light look exactly like Versace's Spring 2009 ads with Gisele Bundchen in a jewel-toned dress under strong directional light. […
- Freida Pinto and Evangeline Lilly are new faces of L'Oreal. To mark the occasion, Lilly said she's proud "to represent a brand whose ambition is to...contribute to the fulfilment [sic] and well-being of everyone." [PRNewswire]