There is an enormous, bright pink wall in the Los Angeles neighborhood of West Hollywood that just about every passerby has taken a photo in front of. The wall—which encloses Paul Smith’s LA store—is the #4 location on “L.A. Weekly’s 10 Spots that have been ‘Instagrammed to death,’” and has become something of a…
Paul Smith, the official who justified cutting Head Start by saying we should strengthen marriage instead has a single exception to his rule that mothers shouldn't work outside the home. Asked recently by The Washington Post about the bizarre possibility that a woman might want to work, he paused and said,
As we all know, swimsuits are a highly-charged issue. But, kids, if you're wary, this is your year: It's all about glam and flattering Old Hollywood looks that Marilyn — or you — would happily sport.
A new photo book by Daniele Tamagni explores the phenomenon of sapeurs, a clique of extraordinarily dressed dandies from the Congo. In the midst of war and abject poverty, these men dress in tailored suits, silk ties, and immaculate footwear.
- Grace Rwaramba, the former nanny who took care of Michael Jackson's children, says she often pumped the King of Pop's stomach:
- Kate Moss' line for TopShop sells out in 15 minutes! "Crowds of young women, who started queuing at 7.45am, scooped up the must have designer gear without even trying it on. " [Daily Mail]
- Rachel Weisz on method acting:"We were talking about the character of Penelope when I suddenly ran upstairs and brought down these…
- Clearly, LiLo has found her calling: purveyor of last year's trends! The former-redhead's leggings have sold out at Intuition boutique in L.A. and the waiting list grows longer by the day. [<a href="http://news.yahoo.com/s/eonline/20080718/en_celeb_eo/717b33af2f10_4c76_8844_
- Kill me right now.…
- Woody Allen is suing American Apparel for $10 million for using his image in its ads without consent. And to think if not for this minor infringement the two seem, well, cut from the same (sweatshop free knit jersey) cloth, if you know what I mean! [WSJ]
- And for those who'd rather read about it in Yiddish...[Daily Yid]
- Gisele appears on the cover of the April Vogue with...Lebron James. This is may seem like an historic event on par with, say, a black president, but that would belie how far we've come as a nation, revealed by the dead-first comment reacting to the news on our brother blog Deadspin: "That cover would have been much…