You definitely care: The Olsen twins are absent from the cast of Netflix’s decades-late Full House sequel Fuller House. The reason? They’re not actresses, according to Uncle Jesse.
If you’re a fan of either Full House or Lifetime’s considerable library of excellent original films, you’re going to be really excited about the upcoming unauthorized Full House quasi-biopic, which aims to blow the lid off America’s favorite non-traditional TV family. It’s got everything: drama, intrigue, and two…
Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen recently confirmed their non-involvement with Full House reboot, Fuller House, and Uncle Jesse is upset at the news. John Stamos first tweeted, “#heartbroken,” but then took a civil approach: “I understand they’re in a different place and I wish them the best. I promise you will not be…
Tyra Banks' YA novel Modelland just débuted at number 2 on the New York Times' best-seller list, children's chapter books section. You can read an excerpt — this is the story with the protagonist named Tookie De La Creme, remember — here. [NewNowNext]nabbed the cover of Australian 's November issue (cover line:…
You think somebody forgot to tell British Vogue's retoucher that Rihanna is black? [Vogue UK]This Monday brings tidings of the : "It was the first thing that sold off the shelf," says Ashley Olsen, who claims her company is "struggling" to keep up with customer demand. "During our last economic crisis in the U.S.,…
Wal-Mart is replacing the Olsens' tween makeup line with one called GeoGirl, which has an "environmental" theme and is aimed at girls ages 8-12. Tweens spend—or get their parents to spend—around $24 million on cosmetics per year.
Zooey Deschanel's breach-of-contract lawsuit against Steve Madden — who agreed, and then reneged, on a deal to produce a line tentatively called "Zooey's Shoes And Accessories" — reveals some details of how the celebrity-clothing-line sausage gets made. And paid for.
- Beyoncé's first perfume, Heat, launches in February. She says, "Red is one of my favorite colors, as is gold." And the bottle is intended to look antique, because her mother had so many old perfumes when she was little. [WWD]
- Rachel McAdams — with a mop of, dare we say it, could that be Kate G.-inspired hair — graces the January cover of Vogue. McAdams went to a couple fashion shows with Anna Wintour in September. [JustJared]
You know it's fab when you see Anna Wintour and the Olsens. And that it's bizarre when you see Johnny Depp, Patti Smith, and Danny DeVito. "The Museum of Modern Art Film Benefit: A Tribute To Tim Burton" was both.
- Miuccia Prada: "I'm working on [a men's collection] right now and someone at the office worriedly asked me, ‘You're not going to make short skirts again, are you?' So I'm now pushing it even further, just for revenge!" [BlackBook]
- The Olsen twins are launching a new juniors' collection for JC Penney, home of the brands Kimora Lee Simmons, Bisou Bisou, and Charlotte Ronson. It'll be called Olsenboye and is expected in stores this spring. [The Cut]
- Oy. Vey. When Mark Fast chose to use three plus-size models in his Friday show, one staffer allegedly quit in protest and the stylist was so abusive to the models that she was fired; a Telegraph stylist stepped in. [Fashionista]