Diesel's working on a bit of a reboot, and they've just unveiled the first images from a new spring/summer ad campaign. One of the stars? Ultra-hip fashion blogger Jillian Mercado, who runs Manufactured1987 and happens to get around in a wheelchair. Yup, it's in the ads, too.
Summer's here, which means it's time to pick up a book — or a Kindle, or an iPad. With all the traveling and hanging by the beach or pool, reading is fundamental! And celebrities are getting in on the action.
In the current issue of W, fashion stylist Nicola Formichetti is quoted relating a rather damning anecdote about his time at Dazed & Confused magazine. Formichetti says he once walked off the set of a shoot with the techno-world music fusion group Zohar. What had the band done to offend Nicola Formichetti? The stylist…
Nicola Formichetti, one of Lady Gaga's favorite stylists and the new creative director of Mugler, talks about the many struggles of his brief career in the new issue of W. See, it's hard to work in fashion when you're just so frank and so original and so very, very bad at what Formichetti refers to as "the whole…
So, Lady Gaga debuted a brand-new song at a fashion show. A bass-thumping, German-speaking, synth-friendly track whose title happens to be a word you can't say on radio in America — at least, not in English. Oh, scheiße. Let's analyze.
- Meet Miranda Kerr and Orlando Bloom's 12-day-old son, Flynn! He weighed 9lbs 12oz at birth, and Kerr says passing that giant was "a long, arduous and difficult labour." She nonetheless said no thanks to pain meds. [Kerr's Blog]
- Nicki Minaj is on the cover of V, looking like a sort of Keith Haring painting come to life. She's so wild, that Nicki Minaj! And lest you think there's some crafty behind-the-scenes Svengali calling the stylistic shots, Minaj says:
When shots of a male model named "Jo Calderone" hit the Internet, the immediate conclusion reached was that Calderone was Lady Gaga in drag.
- Is Lady Gaga getting her butch on modeling for Vogue Hommes Japan under the pseudonym "Jo Calderone"? Nicola Formichetti styled — he works with Gaga regularly — and Nick Knight — ditto — published the pictures online. So. [ONTD]
- Peaches Geldof, the current face of British lingerie brand Ultimo's teen brand, may lose her contract over that little incident where she allegedly had a heroin-fueled one-night-stand with a dude named Ben who then told the Internet about it. [Sun]
- Aussie model and former Miss Universe Jennifer Hawkins posed naked for the cover of Marie Claire's Australian edition. This may surprise you, but her photo wasn't Photoshopped. The issue, which goes on sale today, benefits an eating disorder foundation. [TheAge]