- Paris Hilton was detained for possession of marijuana in Port Elizabeth, South Africa yesterday, but was later cleared and released. According to her rep:
- Megan Fox and Brian Austin Green have been dating for years, but clearly they must have an ulterior motive for considering marriage. They're allegedly planning to announce their engagement soon, just to irritate his ex Vanessa Marcil.
- According to TMZ, Tila Tequila is set to join the next cast of Celebrity Rehab for an unspecified addiction, though the show is having trouble attracting any other participants and may never actually air. [TMZ]
The It's A Wonderful Life-inspired plot of Shrek Forever After, the fourth and ostensibly final Shrek film, is a bit stale, but a funny script and fewer pop-culture references make it better than previous sequels.
Says today's Times, "interruption has clearly gained a foothold in American discourse these days, and is proving a powerful weapon for influencing the national conversation." Indeed! Just look at some of recent history's most infamous incidents.
Quentin Tarantino's long awaited so-called "masterpiece" Inglourious Basterds opened today at Cannes, and although reviews of the film are varied, most seem to agree that it isn't his best work.
- It's Oscar night, kids, and you know what that means: a night of fashions, possible upsets, long speeches cut off by orchestra music, and my mother calling to ask me where Billy Crystal is. [CNN]
Surely you have heard that we are blessed with not one but two horribly unfunny "comedies" opening this weekend: Mike Myers' The Love Guru and Get Smart starring Steve Carell. Myers, taking a cue from Adam Sandler earlier this year, has decided to put out the comeback comedy that absolutely no one was asking him to…
- Matthew McConaughey went to Nicaragua to surf and ended up partying at a bar called the Iguana, standing on a table and screaming, "I've lost by flip-flops," after which he was seen "resting" in a ditch. Quoth Matt: "I'm STILL looking for my left flip-flop. So if anyone finds it floating around down there (it has…