HOLLYWOOD, CA - MAY 07: Actress Michelle Pfeiffer (L) and actor Johnny Depp arrive at the premiere of Warner Bros. Pictures' 'Dark Shadows' at Grauman's Chinese Theatre on May 7, 2012 in Hollywood, California. (Photo by Kevin Winter/Getty Images)
In an interview with Parade, Michelle Pfeiffer (who is lovely) attempts to convince the world that her new movie Dark Shadows is not the latter-day Burton/Depp self-indulgent cinematic queef you think it is. Or wait, it is. But this is a good part:
[On the set of New Year's Eve, the likely vom-com from the people who gave you Valentine's Day. This darker hair is reminiscent of Married To The Mob, is it not? New York, February 23. Image via Pacific Coast News Online.]
Between Christian Bale's turn as a slapstick Jesus, whatever the hell was going on with Helena Bonham Carter, and one celebrity's areola on display, there was a lot to take in during the subtle moments of last night's Golden Globes.
Michelles turn heads with their elegance — even when they're wearing acid-washed jeans.
This fall, MoMA is inviting art lovers to consider the work of the contemporary mixed-media artist who brought us PeeWee's Big Adventure, and the sight of an entire dinner party singing Harry Belafonte's Banana Boat song: Tim Burton.
- Lady Gaga on those nasty hermaphrodite rumors:
- Tony Romo broke up with Jessica Simpson the night before her 29th birthday on July 10, which is especially tragic because she had planned a Barbie and Ken themed party.
- As you'll recall, Shia LaBeouf injured his hand in a car crash in July 2008. He says: "I'll never be back to 100 percent or have full recovery." And:
- Michelle Obama wore French-born Brooklyn-based designer Sophie Theallet to unveil a bust of Sojourner Truth at Emancipation Hall yesterday. Naturally, journalistically, WWD asked the designer to specify the First Lady's measurements. Theallet declined. [WWD]
- Lindsay Lohan has supposedly been spending time with "a different man every night" since breaking up with Sam Ronson:
- This report calls Jennifer Aniston "lovelorn" and "notoriously unlucky-in-love" but explains that she has "set her sights" on Gerard Butler, which is "cause for renewed optimism." What does all this really mean? It's simple:
*Inspired by Shirley MacLaine's assertion that the best parts for actresses fall into one of the above categories.
- OMG! International Herald Tribune fashion critic Suzy Menkes and designer Marc Jacobs have somehow settled their seemingly-insurmountable differences! After their tiff in New York over Marc's really late fashion show, Marc left Menkes a Marc Jacobs T-shirt with a pretty bow on her seat at Louis Vuitton on Sunday. And…