It's hard to start the weekend off on a snarky note, especially when Maya Angelou started off her third annual Black History Month program on public radio with such sincerity by teaching professional singer Alicia Keys how to sing, thereby proving that none of us should ever stop learning. The AP explained that… »
In this week's TV roundup, Maya Rudolph kills on Saturday Night Live, a proposal worth waiting for on Downton Abbey, Jon Stewart takes Virginia to task and a member of the Glee club might be dead. »This scene was so tender and sweet. Dads should take note.
Holiday gift alert for any of your literary-minded friends! Flavorwire happened upon an Etsy shop called Uneek Doll Designs that sells handcrafted dolls of famous authors. My favorites, above, are Sylvia Plath, Maya Angelou, and Judy Blume. Can you imagine if people gave these dolls — along with the books of by said… »
- Miley Cyrus' parents, Billy Ray and Tish Cyrus, have announced that they're divorcing after 17 years of marriage. They said in a statement, "We are trying to work through some personal matters. We appreciate your thoughts and prayers." »
Famous friends and family—most notably Michael's daughter Paris—publicly eulogized the late singer at one of the biggest memorial services in history. The performances and speeches were moving and tasteful. »
- Unless you are living in a closet, under a rock, fifteen feet below the earth's surface wearing noise-canceling ear muffs, you've heard that Barack Obama was elected President. We still cannot stop smiling.
- Or crying!! These videos of Maya Angelou, Sherri Shepherd, Oprah Winfrey and Gloria Steinem will probably make …
- A fight broke out on the set of Pharrell's new video a few hours before Lindsay Lohan and Samantha Ronson showed up. Oh, and the N.E.R.D. song, "Everybody Nose," is about girls waiting on line for a club bathroom to do coke. [Page Six]
- Hey, guess who is making a cameo appearance in that video about cocaine? Your girl…