Here's Kendall Jenner being held in the cozy embrace of Cara Delevingne on the cover of the U.K.'s Love magazine. How old is Kendall? Is Kendall Cara's little baby? Why does Cara look so intense? And Kendall looks so blank? Why is Cara giving us the "No! You can't have her!" stare? Is Kendall sad?
On Thursday, the internet was abuzz with news that Miley Cyrus might have done her least likable thing yet by saying some very not nice things about Beyoncé in an interview with LOVE magazine out soon. But Miley's claiming she would never do anything so dumb and it looks like she's not lying.
- Apparently, the last thing Lindsay Lohan did before she went to jail was wrangle a commitment out of Blackbook to publish her ramblings about fashion, personal style, and that feeling you get when you're cutting up a Gucci dress. Herewith:
Here are 29 covers from the hallowed, heavy September fashion issues (click to soak it all in). So how do Vogue, Elle, and the smaller titles stack up? Let's put September to a full statistical analysis.
- "I'm just happy to have someone who wants to talk to me [about fashion]," says Victoria in LOVE. "Normally, David's like, ‘Stop it, I don't want to talk about clothes anymore! I want to talk about motorbikes and tattoos." [WWD]
- As if trashgate and the news that it knowingly sold genetically-engineered cotton as "organic" weren't bad enough, now H&M is in trouble for the unsafe levels of lead in its handbags. The revelation comes courtesy of California's strict environmental laws:
- A London stylist says the upcoming V size issue is "such an extreme response to the size-zero hoopla...I don't think using outsize models is really the way to change perceptions." Others, however, are more positive:
Certain European fashion houses are upset that blogs have posted their Spring/Summer ad campaigns before they break in February fashion magazines. Are we really still having this debate?
- Gwyneth Paltrow's clothing line with Zoetees is hitting stores this month. The collection includes tee shirts, studded tank tops, and a grey oversized blazer — fine basics, but there's no indication why the line should start at £100. [Elle UK]
- The details of Fashion's Night Out — aka Anna Wintour's Plan To Save Retail — have been announced. Over 700 stores in all five boroughs will be participating in events that range from sewing circles to cook-ins to rock shows:
- Leighton Meester made the September cover of Harper's Bazaar, and inside the magazine printed digitally-altered photos of the actress, intended to show how she will age. At 23, Meester is already a supporter of Botox. [WWD]