When we learned last week about Jennifer Petkov, who became instantly notorious for mocking a dying 7-year-old, we collectively recoiled. And some people did more than that. In the age of the Internet, when does the bully become victim?
• Newsweek has a morbidly fascinating article on accused cat killer Tyler Weinman in which a clinical social worker who does not treat Weinman discusses the possibility that violence against animals may signal future violent behavior against people. •
Yesterday afternoon, a federal judge postponed the sentencing of MySpace predator Lori Drew to July 2nd, saying he needs more time to decide if the Missouri mom's cyberbullying conviction should be overturned.
In a shockingly tasteless move, an independent production company, Rocklin Entertainment, has announced an upcoming film based on the Megan Meier case. It is titled E-Venge.
Lori Drew returns to court today for a hearing that will determine whether or not the guilty verdict will stand.
- Enough states' electors have cast ballots for Obama by now that, today, he was officially elected President of the United States. [MSNBC]
- The Bushes spent about $3.7 million dollars on real estate in a pricey Dallas neighborhood, and boy, are you going to seethe with jealousy when you see the house the Presidency can buy you. [Washington Post, The Smoking Gun]
- Italy is struggling with a rise in puppy smuggling due to a love of specific breeds and a…
25-year old Valentina Kunasz, thejJury forewoman in the recently-wrapped Lori Drew trial, says she can't stop thinking about Megan Meier. "I still have dreams about the testimony," Kunasz admits, according to Wired. Because of her emotional reaction, Kunasz says that she and the other jurors wanted to convict Drew of…
Tina Meier was on the Today show this morning to discuss last week's verdict in the case against Lori Drew for harassing her daughter on MySpace. Though Drew was only convicted of three misdemeanors, but found not guilty of felony hacking charges, Meier says she still feels going through the trial was worth it. "It is…
- ...Just like Lance Armstrong, Hitler, Arnold Schwarzenegger and the other dudes with a single testicle.
- But as far as we know, those dudes have bellybuttons, unlike Karolina Kurkova, the no-navel icon.
- She may have a navel, but Lori Drew has no soul.
- Michelle Obama has a soul and, according to an obsessed Salon scribe, …