The Cannes Film Festival is currently underway in its 69th year, and we’re already luxuriating in the glamour it offers. And yet, when we look back upon its nascent days—like say, 1956, a mere decade after it began—we all once again must admit that today’s vampish models and slinky ingenues got nothing on the queens…
Were you aware that silver screen goddess and tireless AIDS activist Elizabeth Taylor claimed she’d had a near-death experience in London, circa the early 1960s? Obviously, she told Oprah all about it in the early 1990s, a prime time for stories about near-death experiences.
Last week, Kathy Ireland went on Entertainment Tonight and spoke about her mentor Elizabeth Taylor’s activism on the issue of AIDS. It was packaged as a bombshell: Taylor ran a Dallas Buyers’ Club-style operation out of her Bel-Air home, getting experimental drugs to AIDS patients. Or did she?
As if Lindsay Lohan smacking a woman at a nightclub after a Justin Bieber concert over some dude from a band called The Wanted didn't already sound like a demented Canterbury Tale written in glitter pen ("Lindsay got drunker and drunker… and it turned Max [George] off"), there is now a whole new dimension of…
We considered reviewing Liz & Dick, but it was just so incredibly bad: Lindsay has zero sparkle, charisma or pizazz in front of the camera; there's absolutely no light in her eyes. The script was horrendous, the music didn't work, the casting — Creed from The Office? Steve from Sex and the City? — was just confusing.…
It's going to be a full weekend, what with the turkey and the digesting and all, but the "world premiere event" of Lindsay Lohan's latest, Liz & Dick, airs Sunday night on Lifetime at 9pm. We'll have a very special open thread dedicated to the show, so we can all watch together. See you then!
- Is Kristen Stewart gay?
- Halle Berry and Gabriel Aubry have split up. A source says:
- Britney Spears' dad has banned her from leaving home without a bra.
- New day, same rumor: The "doc" is a diva. So. Did Katherine Heigl get dropped from the cast of cringe-inducing flick Valentine's Day because she wanted too much cash? Her rep says:
- Jesus Luz went on a Brazilian TV program, Fantastico, and said of Madonna: "She is my friend, only my friend." Hmm. Wow. Okay. He also said:
- "If I were writing a letter to Sarah Palin it would be a lot of whys and hows. Who are you? Do you know? Why do you hate animals? Please point out Iraq on a map… This woman hates women. She is not a feminist. She is not the woman that's going to come behind Hillary Clinton and do anything that Hillary Clinton…