Most reasonable American humans not somehow involved in real, non-envelope-stuffing way (stuffing envelopes is the bullshittiest campaign volunteering anyone can do) with the current political proceedings would probably agree that the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act is at the very least a step in the right direction when… »
The major political conventions are over! Boo, say nerds. Hooray, say people who just want their regular network TV shows back and journalists who are probably exhausted from two weeks straight of talking points, hats embellished with donkeys and elephants, and stadium food. While the seemingly endless stream of vague… »
- If this whole Jezebel thing doesn't work out, we now know how to become an internet "escort."
- Lilly Ledbetter is a stand-up lady. Maybe someday women will get equal pay for equal work, but not today.
- But look! Babies and puppies!
- We became certified Tina Feynatics.
- We talked about moms! You can't live with them,…
Lilly Ledbetter, pictured here with Hillary Clinton yesterday, got totally screwed by the Supreme Court. And now she's being screwed by the Senate. You see, Lilly was a supervisor for an Alabama Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company. She was being paid less than every single one of the male supervisors: 15% less than the… »