Last night kicked off the Women in the World Summit (today Hillary Clinton speaks!) and lovely, lively ladies gathered to discuss solutions that advance women and girls. Usually we talk about the good, the bad and the ugly… But today it's all good.
Former model Lauren Bush and fashion heir David Lauren are engaged, according to Neiman Marcus' Twitter account. Hilarious name change possibility alert!
- Precocious-in-the-bad-way tween "designer" Cecilia Cassini, who sells $500 dresses, says she took "like, three" sewing classes, but quit because her teacher was "like, rude." We have a feeling one day soon Cassini will be horribly embarrassed of all this.
Remember when Halloween was all about filling that little orange Unicef box with pennies? For some celebs, it still is. At least, the Unicef part.
- TheGloss's Jennifer Wright: "I genuinely believe that one day Tavi will be the editor of Vogue." [NYPost]
Ralph Lauren is getting the French Legion of Honor, presumably for 30+ years of creating WASP mythology. And he's sticking with what works: this was a classic RL collection, jodhpurs, florals and all!
- In an apparent attempt to rob the Costume Institute of gravitas, Sarah Jessica Parker will be doing the audio commentary for the Met's latest exhibit. The SATC tour bus frantically adds a stop. [ElleUK]
- Says the curator, “Walking through the galleries listening to Sarah Jessica Parker’s narration will bring a sense of…
- "It's out of control. There's always a different boy and everyone is worried he's going to pull a Halston." That's an anonymous friend of Marc Jacobs on the increasingly-erratic fashion designer. [Page Six]
- Ouch: David Lauren was not invited to his girlfriend (of three years) Lauren Bush's cousin Jenna's wedding. You…
- For the love of God, please let Dolly Parton get her own makeup line. [Chic Report]
- The Pope hates expensive shit. [WWD, sub req'd]
- "We're one of her favorite stores," says a spokeswoman for Henri Bendel of Shopaholic Isla Fisher. [WWD, 1st item]
- WTF? The New York Ranger's Sean Avery is interning at Vogue this summer?…
- TIME magazine invited Donatella Versace to the annual White House Correspondents dinner, and she thought the invitations said white lines so she RSVPed. No actually she thought they said "Winehouse" Correspondents dinner. [NY Mag]
- And speaking of cocaine! George W. Bush's cousin Lauren may be a handbag designing…
- Does Anna Wintour love Amy Winehouse even more than Karl Lagerfeld does? Word on the street is that the singer who wouldn't go to rehab only to go to rehab has been offered $1 million to play at the Wintour-hosted Costume Institute Gala. But a rep says that can't be true since the Costume Institute Gala is supposed…
Although last night's NYC premiere of The Other Boleyn Girl boasted plenty of boldfaced names from the worlds of fashion, New York society, and Hollywood, Scarlett Johannson was, strangely, nowhere to be seen. However, Natalie Portman was there, and the vegan shoe designer showed off one of her best looks as of late:…