The man who is liquidating the estate of Josef Fritzl, the Austrian father who impregnated his daughter and kept her and her children prisoners in his basement, says he's going to fill the basement with concrete so that no one can go in there ever again. Meanwhile, Fritzl is serving a life sentence in prison.
To which we can only respond to the man who raped his daughter more than 3,000 times, imprisoned her and their children in a bunker and incinerated another, "that word does not mean what you think it means."
An Ohio man faces charges of imprisoning one child and raping another. Jeffrey York allegedly kept his large family isolated and dressed them in "19th century clothing." With notable understatement, an investigator says, "They weren't like a traditional family."
In a horrific case sure to be compared to that of Josef Fritzl, a New Jersey man is accused of raping his five daughters and fathering six children, while evading detection by a child welfare agency.
• A woman from Illinois freaked out recently after she found out that she had breastfed a stranger's baby by mistake. She is now suing the hospital for their mix up. •
• Today a group of archeologists, divers, and volunteers began the search for Gertrude Tompkins Silver, who served as a fighter pilot during WWII and has been missing since 1944. She is the only WASP still unaccounted for. •
Josef Fritzl was sentenced yesterday to life in prison, which he will serve in a psychiatric facility. However, due to a loophole, he could be released in 14 years.
Today, day 3 of his trial, Josef Fritzl suddenly reversed his plea to guilty on all charges, including the murder of his infant son. He said that watching daughter Elisabeth's videotaped testimony changed his mind.
In court today, the defense said Josef Fritzl, the Austrian man accused of imprisoning his daughter for 24 years, raping her, and fathering her seven children, was "not a monster." His daughter's testimony said otherwise.
Josef Fritzl, the 74-year-old Austrian man who kept his daughter in a cellar for 24 years and fathered 7 children with her, has pled guilty to incest but denies murdering his infant son.
• This poor otter was near death when Camilla Ravenshear found him wandering alone on the road. He is now feeling much better, and is now taking comfort in his new teddy bear friend. •
• Meet Craig Grant, founder of Caboodle Ranch. The 30-acre property is home to 500 unwanted felines. Using money out of his own pocket, Grant built an entire kitty-town, complete with lakefront cabins. •
• We'll point it out again for those who missed it: The First Couple are strict parents. Sasha and Malia have to make their beds, scoop dog poop, and be in bed by eight. •
• A Colorado woman has been arrested for assaulting a male friend. After the man woke up with her hands "in [his] ass," she said, "what did I do... kill somebody?" •
• Researchers have announced that women are more talented at picking out "cute babies" than men because of our reproductive hormones. •
Vanity Fair's "Hall of Infamy" contains Spitzer, Blago, Joe the Plumber, various failed strategists and corrupt Wall Streeters and David Archuleta's father. All bad, but they forgot a few...