In addition to the double mastectomy that Angelina Jolie underwent in February, we learned in her New York Times op-ed, she also plans on having an oophorectomy — ovary removal surgery, a procedure recommended for high-risk women before the age of 40. Without this, her BRCA1 gene still places her risk of ovarian…
To be totally honest, I got distracted and stopped reading, like, ten pages before the end of Mockingjay. (Anyone else? Am I awful?) But that doesn't mean I'm not having some minor YA palpitations about the new Catching Fire poster. Katniss is kind of an exhausting worrywart, but she's still a badass female hero, and
Despite Us Weekly's herculean efforts, I just have a hard time caring about what Andy Roddick is doing. I guess because mostly the stuff he does is hit a ball with a big paddle and put his rod/dick in a supermodel. No hard feelings, just not really my wheelhouse when it comes to entertainment. But ANYhooz, Roddick is…
Remember that weird story about how Lindsay Lohan's mysterious "friends" were suspected of stealing a bunch of jewelry from some rando mansion party? Well, it turns out, police didn't suspect Lindsay's alleged "male friends" in the theft after all—they were sniffing after Lindsay herself. And after the victim found …
It's been an exciting afternoon since the news broke that Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are engaged. They've just officially confirmed it's true, and Angelina's formerly estranged dad, Jon Voight, has even chimed in with his good wishes. Will that be enough to earn him a spot walking the bride down the aisle at the…
Have you enjoyed your daily cry yet today? If you're not in the mood for an emotional roller coaster right now, it's probably best to avoid this heart-wrenching scene from 1979's The Champ at all costs. The movie is a remake of a 1931 Oscar-winning film of the same name, telling the story of a washed-up boxer (Jon…
- Why is Courtney Love looking so awesome these days?
- For an episode that will air today, Jane Lynch visited Ellen and talked about coming out in Hollywood.
- Lindsay Lohan arrived at Lynwood Correctional Facility to begin serving her 90-day jail sentence today, but according to a Sheriff's Department spokesman, she'll be out in 13 or 14 days.
- When Kristen Stewart's controversial rape analogy, which she apologized for, came up in an interview, Robert Pattinson launched into a rant, saying, "That whole system of Internet journalists, where no one is called to account, is almost entirely about hate..."
- Courtney Love once had a "lesbian fling" with Kate Moss. Courtney says:
- 36-year-old reality TV star/photographer Indrani, claims she's dating Lindsay Lohan. "I have never had a relationship with a woman before, but Lindsay is just somebody who I find fascinating, gorgeous and extremely smart, as well as super-hot," says Indrani.
- There's a rumor that Sean Penn was thrown out of the Governor's Ball last night for punching Greg Shapiro, a Hurt Locker producer reportedly dating Robin Wright. Though there are numerous sources, gossips can't seem to get their stories straight:
Since so much of the current "conservative" moment involves performance (and not much else), it's apt that a handful of showbiz types have been along for the ride. But how do you qualify to be such a luminary?
- Kevin Smith says the way the media covered him being kicked off a Southwest flight was, "Pathetic. I was unfairly bounced and discriminated against, but they never bothered to tell that story. They just went with the easy fat jokes."
- Last night, during the first concert of her Australian tour, Whitney Houston was breathless, barely finished any of her songs, and left the stage at one point, telling her brother to take over the microphone.