Two months ago, an Imgur user named IHasAnOscar posted a photo of him or herself holding an Academy Award statuette in front of an image of the notoriously Oscarless Leonardo DiCaprio. “Yes, it’s real,” the winner captioned it.
Remember four years ago, when everyone got baked and went to see Avatar? Today everyone got a reminder that James Cameron isn't done with us yet. Variety reports he just locked down a deal to make three sequels in New Zealand. Mark your calendars for December 2016, December 2017 and December 2018.
In a new episode of Mythbusters, Adam and Jamie decide to re-enact the end of Titanic. Sort of: They're not in the North Atlantic, and they're not dressed in 1912 garb. But they do figure out a way to share the board, and increase its buoyancy by tying Rose's life vest underneath. Still, as James Cameron points out:…
Titanic, boosted by 3-D ticket prices, has crossed the $2 billion threshold, assuring the world that James Cameron will reign as the all-time box office king probably until his death when it becomes appropriate for someone to remake all of his movies. Only one other movie has grossed more — Cameron's Avatar, which…
I don't remember a lot of specifics about watching Titanic in theaters in 1997, but I was 15 years old, which means my two biggest concerns were 1) locating romance, and 2) not dying in a nautical catastrophe. So I think we can safely assume that I fucking loved that movie. I watched Titanic again on TV with my sister…
Today in extreme and questionable geekery: a British company has almost sold out the 2,000 available tickets for two cruises that promise to recreate the Titanic's ill-fated maiden voyage on the 100th anniversary of the disaster next year. Floating piece of door and Leonardo DiCapriosicle not included.
Today in Tweet Beat, James Cameron admits he's a blowhard. Plus, Ice-T posts a topless picture of himself.
- An upcoming book, Low Down Dirty Shame, alleges that Rihanna likes sexytimes with women.
- Miley Cyrus' parents, Billy Ray and Tish Cyrus, have announced that they're divorcing after 17 years of marriage. They said in a statement, "We are trying to work through some personal matters. We appreciate your thoughts and prayers."
- Hayden Panettiere has been barred from meeting Amanda Knox.
- Evan Rachel Wood and Marilyn Manson have reportedly broken off their engagement, eight months after he proposed on stage in Paris.
The director adds, of the movie made by his ex-wife: "It wouldn't have been hugely better in 3D, but I'm talking about a future when you don't have to put 'in 3D' on the movie poster anymore."
Offensive commentary is Joan Rivers' schtick. Normally, I think she's funny, but on last night's Fashion Police, she actually pissed me off by saying Kate Winslet has "a weight problem" and that someone needs to tell Mariah Carey "she's chubby."
- There's a rumor that Sean Penn was thrown out of the Governor's Ball last night for punching Greg Shapiro, a Hurt Locker producer reportedly dating Robin Wright. Though there are numerous sources, gossips can't seem to get their stories straight:
Clocking in at around three and a half hours, last night's 82nd Annual Academy Awards was long and, for some celebs, boring (interpretive dance!). Here, we've collected some of our favorite reaction shots during the ceremony.