There’s suddenly a storm of outburts about a week-old interview that George Lucas had with Charlie Rose. It’s the one where he compared selling Lucasfilm to Disney as selling his children to “white slavers.” This was a stupid thing to say, but not really a new note for Lucas to hit.
In an interview with Charlie Rose, Star War creator George Lucas did a lot of complaining about The Force Awakens—the first installment of the franchise since Lucas sold it to Disney for $4 billion. Of the new film, he said, “They wanted to do a retro movie. I don’t like that... These are my kids, all the Star Wars…
Star Wars: It’s not just for boys anymore! (Of course, it was never just for boys.)
On Friday, Mellody Hobson delivered USC’s commencement address during a downpour and asked the graduates to remember just three words—because let’s be honest, few people are really listening anyway—“just add bravery.”
I promise we will stop talking about this soonish, you guys. After "careful consideration" from Ballantine Books, the publication of Paula Deen's upcoming cookbook Paula Deen's New Testament: 250 Favorite Recipes, All Lightened Up — currently #1 in cookbooks and #18 overall on Amazon — has been cancelled, along with…
To your chagrin, the gum-snapping, Jnco-pants-wearing Icarus known as Justin Bieber has not yet flown into the sun. In fact, Biebs' reign of terror has now expanded well beyond the Greater Los Angeles area. He and his Little Rascals were banned for life from Las Vegas Indoor Skydiving after being disrespectful brats.…
Did you know that Amanda Lucas, daughter of George Lucas, is an MMA fighter specializing in the Japanese art of grappling the shit out of someone known as Jujutsu? (There's also a Brazilian version, which you can learn all about on Spike while listening to Joe Rogan scream into a microphone.) Well, she is, and now…
Just kidding, it's Robert A. Iger, chairman and CEO of the Walt Disney Company, and George Lucas, chairman and founder of Lucasfilm (der) signing the agreement for Disney to acquire Lucasfilm. Cool, it's two old rich white guys doing a deal for billions of dollars, totally unusual, nothing to see here.
Disney has just confirmed that it has agreed to acquire George Lucas' Lucasfilm Ltd… The stock and cash transaction is worth an estimated $4.05 billion.
- Amber Portwood was arrested this afternoon and charged with three felonies, including one count of neglect of a dependent and two counts of domestic battery for allegedly hitting former fiancé Gary Shirley while filming Teen Mom.
You may have heard that George Lucas wants to do something very, very creepy: "buy the rights to dead actors." For the purposes of making them perform from beyond the grave. As we know, this is a bad idea.
- Mariah Carey was spotted being pushed through LAX yesterday in a wheelchair. Naturally, this ignited more rumors that Mimi is pregnant.
- Rachel Bilson and Hayden Christensen are allegedly on a break. When asked how wedding plans are going yesterday, Rachel said, "No, no plans," and pointed to her ring-less hand adding, "No nothing."
- Ashlee Simpson-Wentz has been fired from Melrose Place along with co-star Colin Egglesfield, with whom she was rumored to be flirting on-set.
- Madonna and Jesus Luz are reportedly planning a "commitment ceremony" in front of a rabbi at the Kabbalah Center in New York. Oooh, and a source says:
After the Oscars on Sunday, celebs went into hiding. The only stars out last night were the ones attending the Hip Hop Summit Awards, held here in New York. It was sort of a disappointment, fashion-wise, after living and breathing Academy Awards red carpet madness. But some old school faves like LL Cool J, left, and…