That ‘70s- set TV show based on the biography of Ford Models founder Eileen Ford is still in the works at ABC, and Andie MacDowell has just been cast as the star.
Eileen Ford, the legendary head of Ford Models and a woman who drastically altered the modeling industry, could be getting her own television series.
Modeling agency Ford did a promotional shoot featuring all of its black models — including women from all of its various divisions, straight- and plus-size — and some behind-the-scenes snapshots have leaked. (The photos are obviously not top quality, but we've reached out to Ford and hope to publish the final shots.) …
On Monday, Crystal Renn was a guest on Plus Model Radio, and she talked about her anorexia, her recovery, and her decision to become a plus-size model. Although: A new Ford model card states that Renn is a size 2.
Plus-size model Tara Lynn nabbed the cover and more than 20 editorial pages in the April issue of Elle France. Is this proof that fashion might set its parameters for acceptable female beauty a little wider, or just a fad?
Everyone knows Crystal Renn. You've seen her in magazines. Yesterday, when I met her at the 34th St. Lane Bryant — which is decked with pictures of the dark-haired plus-size supermodel — even a customer was telling Crystal's life story.
- Model turned cookbook author Sophie Dahl is getting her own cooking show on BBC 2. Dahl says her show will cover on the "emotional" side of food. "It's cooking with an anecdotal thread, irreverent, unpredictable and not without flaw." [Sun]
- Says totally important designer Alaïa, whose designs Nuclear Wintour snubbed in the Met exhibit, "she behaves like a dictator and everyone is terrified of her...but I'm not scared of her or anyone." BURN! [WWD]
- Sofia Coppola debuts her line of "sure, why not?" accessories for Louis Vuitton in Tokyo. The luxe line is made up of "slouchy duffle bags, discreet clutches and retro wedge sandals." [WWD]
- Speaking of qualified designers, Posh's dress line is a hit in London! "The presence of her name on the shop floor alongside such…
- Sam Ronson is mad at the animal-rights protester who threw flour on LiLo's fur stole! Blogged the DJ, "the girl who threw [the flour] acted like an animal herself...I take that back, it's an insult to animals to group her in with them, my dog is FAR more civilized than that person." [ElleUK]
- Meanwhile, Natalie…
- So now that British It girl Peaches Geldof is a 19-year-old married lady, she needs a grown-up job! Hence: host of the new Nylon TV, obvs. "She's partnered with Cory Kennedy to host the 90210 feature in honor of the Nylon's first ever TV issue." [Fashionista]
- Viktor & Rolf speak as one (no, they do), believe in the…
John Caplan, the president of Ford Models, "answered" reader questions on the New York Times' "Freakonomics" blog today, and the answers smelled strongly of bullshit. As in doublespeak, carefully chosen words and avoidance. He may be snooty and tip-toeing around certain issues just because he is representing Ford, but…