Here comes la mariée!
Elie Saab showed his fall/winter couture collection in Paris yesterday; as usual, his creations were not necessarily the most groundbreaking gowns in existence, but who cares because they're all so opulent and gorgeous and what fairy nobility would wear around the kingdom.
As Cannes rolls on we're seeing more acres of chiffon and and more whisper-light tulle and more haute couture on the red carpet. Below, some ensembles from yesterday's premieres. More more more, how do you like it?
One word to describe the dreamy, floaty, stunning haute couture gowns in the Elie Saab collection shown in Paris today: GORGEOUS.
Ok, everyone, time to start cheerfully consorting with woodland creatures in the hopes that a passing spirit will reward the pureness of your heart: Harrods and Disney will auction off ten Disney princess-inspired dresses designed by some of the world's most revered fashion houses, including Versace, Oscar de la…
If you want to channel Katherine Parker (ALL HAIL THE QUEEN) or Naomi Campbell, this is the collection for you. Elie Saab's Autumn/Winter 2013-14 is agressive, sexy, and shows the empowered side of femininity. Saab features impeccable tailoring, incredible lace work, and very slim silhouettes with natural waists…
The Elie Saab haute couture show presented yesterday in Paris was classically feminine, ridiculously romantic and breathtakingly beautiful. Your inner Grace Kelly will find the soft colors, delicate details and sweet silhouettes downright dreamy.
Nilina Mason-Campbell ran around Paris to get a fresh look at couture. Not the runway-shot, brand-manicured take we always get. The street-skulking, exhilarating flash-and-grab honesty of the perennial non-ticket-holder! (It's not our fault we don't know any PRs in Paris.)
Couture week, that four-day period when editors descend on Paris to venerate the fiction that enough people still buy $80,000 dresses to justify the expense and bother and fabulousness of the proceedings, is over. How'd everyone do?
Elie Saab, with his ornate, heavily draped and embellished gowns, is a red-carpet perennial. So we did the work for Hollywood and assigned the looks to the appropriate star:
This is only Lebanese designer (and Halle Berry favorite) Elie Saab's fourth couture collection, but it's a doozy. Fantastical and beautiful and extravagant - you know, couture. In addition to swooning over several of the gowns, I found myself intrigued by the expressive models on parade. I thought to myself, 'If…
- Kate Moss's fifth collection for Topshop launches today. It's inspired by "travel." Oh, bite me. [Vogue UK]
- Spanx bras — to flatten your back fat, of course — in stores now! [WWD, sub req'd]
- You will be so proud of Eva Mendes! She overcame that whole nasty rehab debacle to be chosen as the face of Calvin Klein…
- From the-why-didn't-they-think-of-it-sooner department: Ann Coulter toilet paper. [GiggleSugar]
- Nissan Motors is trying to appeal to young female car-buyers by creating ads with a major cuteness factor: plushy animals, hearts and cupcakes. Speaking of cupcakes: They're a great way to sell sneakers, too! [MediaPost, …