The intimacy of a home movie is unreplicable and, viewed in retrospect, home movies are as telling as any diary entry. (This is why they are used as an easy flashback device for so many movies about dramatic familial interchange and/or horrors.) They're a microscope where the nuances of boring, day-to-day living… »
- Did Ellen DeGeneres try to trick Mariah Carey into admitting she's pregnant? Mariah was a guest on Ellen's show, and after Ellen asked and got a vague response, she busted out the champagne, saying, "You don't have to answer that. Let's just toast with champagne." Mariah got flustered and said, "I can't believe you… »
Coroners could not determine an exact cause of death in the sad passing of Kanye's mother, Donda West. They think that preexisting coronary artery disease might have contributed to her demise. • Mischa Barton told Ryan Seacrest on his radio show that she takes responsibility for her recent DUI. "I'm really… »
- Pete Doherty says he speaks to Amy Winehouse "almost every day." He says they are helping each other battle drugs and Amy's been clean since her husband, Blake Fielder-Civil, has been in prison. Uh, is this a good idea? [The Sun]
- Meanwhile, Amy's mom says of Blake, "Thank God he's gone [to jail]. Everyone else can see… »
- This week we learned about poor 13-year-old Megan Meier, who committed suicide after being harassed on myspace by pretty much the worst people on the planet masquerading as parents and members of a civilized society.
- Also, some other misguided teenagers posted pro-ana messages on Teen Vogue's website.
- You know who else… »
- Matt Damon has been crowned People magazine's "Sexiest Man Alive." When he learned he was chosen, he turned them down — but the editors found his humility so sexy, they insisted! [The Early Show]
- Hmm, but Matt's cover is meh. You can almost feel his discomfort. [People]
- Headline News anchor Nancy Grace has been… »
Word is that back in April, the Executive Director of the California Medical Board asked the state of California not to renew the medical license of Dr. Jan Adams, the physician who reportedly operated on Kanye's mother, Donda West. Dr. Adams had multiple DUI arrests and had settled 2 cases of malpractice in 2001. The… »
Sentimental? Feeling particularly emotional? Get ready to cry your eyes out. Above is a clip from The Life and Rhymes of Kanye West, a filmed concert that originally aired in 2005 on MTV, on which Kanye performs "Hey Mama," the song he wrote about his relationship with his mom, from his album Late Registration. Donda… »
- A "spotter," someone who follows celebrities and tips off the paparazzi, was seriously injured in a motorcycle accident last night while chasing Britney Spears. [TMZ]
- Speaking of, Nicole Kidman screamed and feared for her life while being chased by a paparazzo — and has been subpoenaed to prove it in a court case… »
- Kanye West's mother, Dr. Donda West, died Saturday in L.A. She was 58 years old. The cause of death has not been released. Dr. West was formerly the chair of Chicago State University's English Department. In her book, Raising Kanye, her son wrote in the foreword: "I have known my mom since I was zero years old. She… »