Wonderful news for those of you cherishing fond memories of their Phantom of the Opera phase (you know who you are): There's not one but two TV adaptations of the original, turn-of-the-century novel currently in the works. Dueling Phantoms! Double the Phantom! Now with more musical menace than ever!
Have you thanked your vacuum cleaner yet today? (Don't. It's an inanimate object and its lack of response will leave you feeling nothing but rejected. P.S. I think my dishwasher is mad at me.) Perhaps you should (but, really, don't) because it's largely in part to the vacuum cleaner and other household appliances that…
Nicollette Sheridan's wrongful termination lawsuit against ABC ended in a mistrial, with jurors deadlocked at 8-4 (Sheridan needed 9 votes to win). Last week a judge threw out her battery suit against Desperate Housewives creator Marc Cherry due to a lack of evidence. In case you need to catch up, here's Indiewire:
According to sources, Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan have reunited after they both realized their friendship is way too important to give up and besides, neither one of them has any idea what they were even mad about!
The show Fairly Legal opens with the heroine, Kate, stumbling out of her houseboat and dodging repeated calls from someone labeled "The Wicked Witch of the West."
- Unsolicited Uterus Update: Real Housewives Of Atlanta star Kim Zolciak is carrying a fetus.
- Paris Hilton was detained for possession of marijuana in Port Elizabeth, South Africa yesterday, but was later cleared and released. According to her rep:
"Why don't you love me?" cries Beyoncé in her new video, which has a retro-Bettie-Page-pin-up look and involves the singer doing "domestic" chores like laundry, floor-scrubbing and baking. Oh wait, It's not Beyoncé. She's playing the part of "BB Homemaker."
- Whoa: John Krasinski and Emily Blunt will be heading down the aisle in "about a month"!
- Demi Moore says she used to have "an extreme obsession" with her body. "I made it a measure of my own value." Furthermore, she explains:
- Nicolette Sheridan is suing her former employer, Desperate Housewives creator Marc Cherry, claiming he physically abused her on the set.
- After Kevin Smith's began twittering last night claiming he'd been kicked off a Southwest flight for being too fat, the Southwest Air twitter page responded: "I'm so sorry for your experience tonight! Hopefully we can make things right." [NYDN]