Winnie Cooper — I mean Danica McKellar, sorry — has a new book out called Girls Get Curves, a followup to her first girly arithmetic book, Kiss My Math: Showing Pre-Algebra Who's Boss. Girls Get Curves tackles geometry, and, as in Kiss My Math, McKellar gives math a peppy, slightly ditzy makeover by coming up with… »
- Miley Cyrus is excited she'll be free of Hannah Montana (and Disney) after filming this season. Says Miley: "I hate being thought of as a product. I am not a doll, and people want to treat me that way..." »
- Lindsay Lohan a liar? In the latest issue of Nylon, LL says she's hoping to work with Seth Rogen but "Seth won't call us back." Rogen says: »
Danica McKellar was on the Today show encouraging girls to care more about their brains than their beauty. Good thing Al Roker was there to ruin her positive message! »
- Megan got some airtime with feminist grand dame Gloria Steinem and we were all a little awestruck.
- We suspect that Ms. Steinem would not approve of John Edwards' wandering willie.
- You know what else she's probs over? The annoyingly quirky and underwritten Manic Pixie Dream Girls littering movies today.
- However,… »
A new survey by a numeracy campaign about basic math skills in British adults has been released, and it reports that one in three women have trouble adding sums mentally, while only 18% of men do. The results of the poll help to underscore the obnoxiousness of the London newspaper the Daily Mail: while the BBC report… »
Hey, remember Danica McKellar? She was Winnie Cooper on The Wonder Years. She graduated summa cum laude from UCLA and coauthored a scientific paper about a theorem in mathematical physics. And now she's written a book, called Math Doesn't Suck. The 32-year-old hopes to show that "being good at math is cool." "When… »