[Los Angeles, November 10. Image via Pacific Coast News Online.]
- Hayden Panettiere has been barred from meeting Amanda Knox.
Y'know, they don't call us "viewers" for nothing. When you change a major element of a show, we notice. The latest: Cougar Town's creator has reportedly said that he might change that show's awful title. Okay, now it's getting insulting.
- Renée Zellweger was photographed at the Carolina Herrera boutique in West Hollywood — as a huge rack of wedding dresses went by.
- Last summer, psychic James Van Praagh appeared on The View, and reportedly told Barbara Walters there was an issue with her blood. Barbara said later, "I'm skeptical and Mr. Van Praagh knows it," but now she's having heart surgery.
- Madonna is reportedly already moving on from Jesus Luz, "flirting outrageously" with 24-year-old model Jon Kortajarena at the premiere of A Single Man. Says a source: "She is going to invite him to some social events in New York." [DailyMail]
There is no shortage of in-your-face sexuality in American culture. Yet as Patricia Cohen notes in a piece for the New York Times, much of that sexual culture, including the marketing of female sexuality, is still driven by men.
I know, I know, you love it. Everyone loves it. I'm a scrooge, and a party-pooper, and why can't I just enjoy the music? I get why people like Glee, I do. It's fun! It's harmless! But is it?
- Frances Bean Cobain has written an open letter to Ali Lohan. Would you like to know what it says? Here goes — and consider it to be [sic]-filled: