Today in bad parenting news: Yesterday a toddler fell into the cheetah pit at the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo. It wasn’t a case of a curious toddler getting away from him parents, rather the mother was dangling the child over the railing when he fell about ten feet into the pit.
A lot of fuss have been made over goats and rabbits lately, but that's all hype. Once the buzz dies down, we'll be left with the truth: baby cheetahs are the cutest animals of all time.
Many "aws" are in order because this is a shameless excuse to listen to the plaintive mewing of momentarily orphaned cheetahs. Just a reminder that babies in the animal world are waaaaay more grateful for their mothers, who somehow manage to keep (most of) their brood from being eaten on a daily basis.
Squee! These cheetah cubs who live at the Monarto Zoo in Australia were born last October, but have just recently become old enough to be outside:
Cheetahs are the fastest land animals on the planet, so it should come as no surprise that watching them run at top speed is nothing short of impressive, but did you know that it could also be stunningly beautiful? National Geographic, with the help of the Cincinnati Zoo, built a dolly with the special purpose of…
• A 91-year-old pharmacy cashier tried to fight off a robber who grabbed a handful of cash from her register. "I want him to get caught because I want to smack him," said Florence Critelli after the attack.
Explorers on the dark continent of dating have long known the dangers of the fearsome cougar. But a new menace lurks in the shadows: the cheetah. Luckily, one man has the balls to take this beast on.
- American Idol winner Jordin loves her curves. [People]
- Anne Heche and her hubby have seemingly regained their sanity. [People]
- Big Brother/Big Government are spying on our cats. [BoingBoing]
- Ponds paid for massive product placement in the new, reportedly-awful series The Starter Wife. [Slate]
- Well it's about fucking…