Perhaps you've heard, but things ain't going so great for Russia at the moment. The ruble is faceplanting, which means the cost of basic goods are skyrocketing. And, too, the cost of not-so-basic goods like high-end jewelry, which Russians are racing to purchase before prices jump yet again.
A Parsons grad student originally made two "Cuntier" beanies as a joke because employees at a Cartier store were rude to his friend. The public saw the hats and were all, "YES PLEASE!" but unfortunately, you will never own an orignal Cuntier because Cartier demanded the man stop. What a bunch of cuntiers.
- Apparently, the last thing Lindsay Lohan did before she went to jail was wrangle a commitment out of Blackbook to publish her ramblings about fashion, personal style, and that feeling you get when you're cutting up a Gucci dress. Herewith:
- Leighton Meester made the September cover of Harper's Bazaar, and inside the magazine printed digitally-altered photos of the actress, intended to show how she will age. At 23, Meester is already a supporter of Botox. [WWD]
- Model turned cookbook author Sophie Dahl is getting her own cooking show on BBC 2. Dahl says her show will cover on the "emotional" side of food. "It's cooking with an anecdotal thread, irreverent, unpredictable and not without flaw." [Sun]
How many stars does it take to celebrate Cartier's 100th anniversary in America? Judging from the assemblage at the jeweler's Fifth Avenue store - Anne! Kate! Demi! Rachel! Martha! Timberlake! Biel! - a lot.
- Obviously, all the models on the cover of Brazilian Vogue - only one of the most racially diverse countries in South America - are Caucasian. [Models.com]
- And speaking of models! The ones at the Emmys (you know, the ones who come out and hand people envelopes) will be sporting Lauren Conrad Collection. [Fashionista]
- Vivica A. Fox is going to be the host of a new VH1 series called Glam God, in which the actress, who is known for her amazing style (??), will be searching for the next celebrity stylist. I can't wait to see another reality show winner do absolutely nothing while everyone else on the show tries to one up Jerry…