The Candie's Foundation's stated mission is "to educate America's youth about the devastating consequences of teen pregnancy through celebrity PSA campaigns and initiatives." But a close look at their 2009 tax forms shows that there's far more "celebrity" than "initiatives" involved. That year, the foundation paid…
- Is Lady Gaga getting her butch on modeling for Vogue Hommes Japan under the pseudonym "Jo Calderone"? Nicola Formichetti styled — he works with Gaga regularly — and Nick Knight — ditto — published the pictures online. So. [ONTD]
- JWOWW wants Snooki to collaborate on a sunglasses collection. "I'm a good designer, but she's great with ideas. She tells me…and I can put them on paper," said JWOWW. Also, JWOWW would like Lady Gaga to wear her swimsuits. [People]
You may have seen the new PSA the Candie's Foundation put out a few weeks ago. I think it deserves another look.
Britney Spears has released the original images from her most recent Candie's photo shoot along with the Photoshopped final ads. According to the Daily Mail Brit wants "to highlight the pressure exerted on women to look perfect."
- "I'm just happy to have someone who wants to talk to me [about fashion]," says Victoria in LOVE. "Normally, David's like, ‘Stop it, I don't want to talk about clothes anymore! I want to talk about motorbikes and tattoos." [WWD]
- Rachel McAdams — with a mop of, dare we say it, could that be Kate G.-inspired hair — graces the January cover of Vogue. McAdams went to a couple fashion shows with Anna Wintour in September. [JustJared]
While watching the brand new 30-second Candie's spot starring Britney Spears, I had some deep thoughts.
- Nicole Richie's cheap, chunky jewelry line is actually pretty get-behind-able. [FabSugar]
- PETA protesters continue the conversation by appearing at an Olsen Twins book signing with the placard: "Trollsens: UR Hags From Hell." [New York Magazine]
- Kate Moss is going to co-chair the Metropolitan Museum's Costume Institute…
- Poor L.C. Influential L.A. boutique Kitson (the same one rumored to be cooling on Posh, but wasn't) is actually dropping Lauren Conrad's line due to "lackluster sales." [NY Mag]
- Candie's knows how to net the classy demographic: along with current pitch girl Hayden Panettiere, the company is taking over Perezhilton.com…