On Thursday evening, Jon Stewart said goodbye to his loyal, leftie viewers.
HBO held its veteran-honoring Concert for Valor on the National Mall Tuesday evening, and rough early estimates were that it would draw 800,000 people to see spectacles such as the Zac Brown Band singing the national anthem and Jamie Foxx leading a crowd-wide chant of "USA! USA! USA!"
Last night on Late Night, Jimmy Fallon came out dressed as New Jersey-born rock legend Bruce Springsteen to perform a parody of Springsteen's "Born to Run," rewritten to make fun of New Jersey Governor Chris Christie's recent bridge scandal.
Like many of us, Ellen Pompeo was not into the Emmys. She took particular offense to the stinkbomb of an awards show because it reflected the casual whitewashing of Hollywood, and told USA Today one day after the telecast:
I know what you're thinking: Conservatives listen to music!!??!!? Well, nah, not really. By all outward appearances, it seems that they mostly listen to artless garbage and patriotic pablum that reinforces their collective boner for dog-whistle racism and century-old social mores. (JK, Nuge! "Free for All" is a…
Mr. Beyonce and Hova of our hearts Jay-Z performed alongside Bruce Springsteen at a Obama rally in Columbus, Ohio last night. When it came time to perform his classic albeit campaign trail inappropriate hit "99 Problems," Jay-Z decided to rework the lyrics to be a little more apropos. He's got 99 problems, but Mitt…
Yesterday was Lady Gaga's 26th birthday. She celebrated by perspiring a lot with her closest friends. No, she didn't host a marathon dance party inside a space ship rocketing to Mars, filled with aliens, exotic animals, and men with extremely sculpted torsos. Instead she and her friends got wild and crazy by riding on…
As an unabashed Bruce Springsteen fan, I've always loved the nuance he brings to his characters. Though he's sometimes portrayed as a heartland caricaturist, the people in his songs and the stories that he tells have more shading than the bombast of some of his songs would make you think.
- The National Enquirer is reporting that John Travolta has been cheating on Kelly Preston for years, "And when the details emerge, he's gonna make Tiger Woods look like a boy scout."
- Demi Moore says she used to have "an extreme obsession" with her body. "I made it a measure of my own value." Furthermore, she explains:
- Bruce Springsteen allegedly had an affair with a New Jersey housewife named Ann Kelly back in 2005; details of the affair are now beginning to surface thanks to divorce papers filed by Kelly's husband in March of last year.
- OMG. Is the world ready for little 4-year-old David Banda? Madonna says, when it comes to her work: "He knows every song, every word, every step, and he wants to wear all the costumes." And:
- Remember when Nicole Richie was on The Simple Life? She's planning on returning to primetime TV — this time in a scripted comedy.
- It's Complicated's Alec Baldwin has amazing body image. "I have a great ass, if I may say so. That's a part of my body that needs no surgical enhancement or rearranging." But when it comes to cosmetic surgery, Baldwin says: