Thursday was a banner day for women getting their shot at new television comedy opportunities, with announcements pouring in about shows from Anne Heche, Molly Shannon and Kristen Schaal. Ah what promise, what hope lies through yonder television premiere season!
Once again, the stars give us a master-class in looking cool — or ludicrous — in frigid temps.
We get it: not everyone wants to deal with the main red carpet. But that doesn't mean one gets to fly under the fashion radar. Especially when one's clothes are so...noteworthy, shall we say?
What, you thought the stars could get away with one outfit? Hardly: they all changed for HBO's afterparty at The Plaza at the Pacific Design Center!
Ranging from trashy to tragic to triumphant, the biographies and memoirs in this compilation not only tell the stories of the women who've helped define "celebrity" in the past 100 years, but also provide some pretty entertaining bathroom reads.
- Ready for a mega-eyeroll? A "fan" is threatening to kill her cat, Fuzzy, and eat the animal unless Miley Cyrus reopens her Twitter account. The girl says:
- More on this in Midweek Madness, but Lindsay Lohan hit up L.A.'s Crown Bar earlier this month — and took 15-year-old sister Ali with her. A source says:
Anne Heche was on Letterman last night, and she had some choice words for her "lazy ass" ex-husband, her kid's athleticism (or lack thereof), and Dave's marriage.
- Lily Allen was performing in Helsinki, Finland when she burst into tears. Before the show, she Tweeted:
- Yesterday Jaime Pressly reportedly got so drunk at a gay bar in West Hollywood that she slumped down next to the building and urinated on the sidewalk in broad daylight.
- Eminem says Elton John helped him fight his drug addiction. "He had a substance-abuse problem in the past. So when I first wanted to get sober, I called him," explains Em.