Today is National Coffee Day, because for-profit organizations that sell coffee keep telling us so. The exact details of how National Coffee Day began are shaky, (because I didn’t look and it doesn’t matter) but I assume that Starbucks and a bunch of coffee manufacturers got together and decided that, dammit, it’s…
A Fort Worth, Tex., woman found dead in her burned apartment is now believed to have been bound, strangled to death, and set on fire with what appears to have been rubbing alcohol by two former coworkers.
In January, lingerie line Aerie announced that it would no longer photoshop or airbrush its models and nearly one year later, it looks like it's paying off.
Who likes girls that wear Abercrombie & Fitch? Nobody. NOBODY.
A recent New York Times article about Girls' on-point (rather than glossy and unrealistic) costume design only throws the following into sharp relief:
American Eagle's new padded "Drew" bra promises to enhance your breasts up to two cup sizes and give you that "Double Whoa." The problem? Some would say they are marketing directly to teenagers.
We wouldn't expect Bill O'Reilly to applaud American Eagle Outfitters's new trans-friendly policies — but did he have to compare transpeople to Ewoks?
- "I'm just happy to have someone who wants to talk to me [about fashion]," says Victoria in LOVE. "Normally, David's like, ‘Stop it, I don't want to talk about clothes anymore! I want to talk about motorbikes and tattoos." [WWD]
- Halle Berry bathes in celestial light to advertise her new scent, Pure Orchid. The actress's first perfume sold $40 million last year. This one, says Berry, is "something different." "Celebrity fragrances," says a perfume company executive, "are not dead." [WWD]
- New lows in celebrity sartorial publicity: Dior would like everyone to know that Madonna was wearing its sunglasses when she visited the victims of her stage collapse in Marseille, which killed two workers and left eight injured. [WWD]
- I think we can all agree that there's a real dearth of trashy fashion lines by C-List stars. Thank god Tara Reid is filling the void with "Mantra." The new collection "includes t-shirts, dresses, bikinis, ponchos and hoodies decorated with beads and charms." [Perez Hilton]
- Which is good, because fellow…
- Agyness Deyn's mom Lorraine Collins is as amazed as we are that someone as FAT as Agyness could ever make it in fashion: "She has wonderful curves and a bit of meat on her. When she's home, she eats everything." [Mirror]
- Poor chivalrous BF-of-Marc-Jacobs Jason Preston! When he tried to stand up for a girl who got a…
- An incognito PETA operative posing as a style-maven turned up at Donna Karan's Manhattan home on Wednesday; the undercover "agent" was invited in, offered a beverage, and when Donna came home, shoved a portable DVD player with footage of animals being slaughtered alive for their pelts in the designer's face. Said…
- Karl Lagerfeld has designed a lead figurine of himself, to be sold as a limited edition (1,000 units only) for $300 at Paris boutique Colette. Perfect for teaching etiquette, nutrition, and brand-expansion strategy to your Homies! [WWD, 3rd item]
- Agyness Deyn has replaced Drew Barrymore as the face of English designer…