Kanye West reportedly began showing signs of mental collapse as far back as Halloween, a friend of the musician and apparent Trump supporter told People.
In the two weeks following his prolonged stay at UCLA medical center for a bout of psychosis brought on by exhaustion, West’s health has been improving, but he’s not back yet.
“He’s recovering, but not recovered,” a West friend tells PEOPLE exclusively. “He’s sick and every day he gets better.”
“He wasn’t making a lot of sense when he talked, and he was texting a lot of strange stuff to people,” said the source.
Whether that accounts for his decision to show up at Trump Tower for a photo-op with the president-elect is unclear. The visit was limited to a 15-minute chat about “life” and “multicultural issues,” and concluded with a hug from Trump and the order that West take care of himself.
As well he should: A source also told People that Kanye’s marriage to Kim Kardashian was strained even before he was hospitalized:
“The divorce rumors come from before he had the breakdown. She didn’t know what was up with him and they weren’t spending time together. She didn’t realize it was a mental breakdown,” the source tells PEOPLE.
Oh reeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaally? GO ON.
What, that’s it?
- Olivia Wilde calls bullshit where she sees it, which in this case, is on Amazon. [The Cut]
- Some people have too much money, vol. 554,000. [People]
- Tarek El Moussa had a fling with his kids’ nanny. [Hollywood Life]
- Emile Hirsch opens up. [Indiewire]
- If you produce an over-the-top mini-feature of your wedding like Michael Phelps did, you should never be allowed to get divorced. [TMZ]