Image via ABC.

In a new statement released Thursday, first tweeted out by blogger Reality Steve, former Bachelor in Paradise contestant Corinne Olympios reveals that the independent investigation her team was conducting into what did or did not happen to her on the set of the reality show has come to a close.

Last week, after Warner Bros. finished their internal investigation and stated that they did not find any evidence of “misconduct by a cast member,” Olympios’s lawyer Marty Singer released a strongly worded statement suggesting that nothing was to be considered closed until they had completed their own look into the incident. In her new statement, Olympios says that she was invited to come back to this season of the show, but declined the offer.

In light of the overwhelming amount of misinformation that has been spread in the media, I want to clarify a few things. My intent over the past few weeks has been to learn and understand what happened on June 4. While I never filed complaints or accusations against anyone associated with Bachelor in Paradise, my team and I felt it was very important to be thorough in getting to the bottom of what had occurred. I felt victimized by the fact that others were judging me through conflicting and unsubstantiated reports, while I myself had no recollection of the events that transpired. My team’s investigation into this matter has now been completed to my satisfaction. I am also happy about the changes that have been made to the production of Bachelor in Paradise. While I am extremely grateful for the opportunity to have been a participant on The Bachelor, and while I was invited to return to Bachelor in Paradise when production resumed, I respectfully made the decision not to return.

I understand the media’s interest in this story, and I greatly appreciate my fans’ concerns for my well-being, but I think it is best if I keep any further thoughts private for now.

Olympios’s comments come after DeMario Jackson gave a lengthy two-part interview to E! News this week about his experience as the other named party in the sexual exchange that prompted a producer to file a complaint over possible misconduct on the set. While Olympios’s remarks seem to suggest she will be keeping a low profile for now (and nothing either of them have said alludes to whether any settlements have been worked out with ABC, as has been wildly speculated), to say this is the end of this saga would be jumping the gun: the show still has to finishing filming, and air, which will likely prompt a whole new round of conversation as to how ABC has handled discussing this upsetting and highly confusing incident.

Advertisement