In a very brave and inspiring move, Olympic diver Tom Daley has come out as bisexual via a video posted to his YouTube channel.
As Daley told fans:
Come spring of this year my life changed — massively — when I met someone and it made me feel so happy, so safe, and everything just feels great, and well, that someone is a guy. And it did take me by surprise a little bit. It was always in the back of my head that something like that could happen, but it wasn't until spring this year that something that just clicked, it felt right, and I was like, OK. And like I said my whole world just changed right there and then. Of course I still fancy girls, but right now I'm dating a guy and I couldn't be happier. I just feel safe. And it just really does feel right.
Of course (as Daley himself points out), in a perfect world, he wouldn't have to come out at all because it wouldn't matter what his sexual orientation is. Unfortunately, this isn't a perfect world so good for him. Being this open and honest must have taken a lot of courage. That said, I wish he would publicly come out as a NINETEEN YEAR OLD BABY before we all got so inappropriately into this gif.
Oh, and if you're looking to write up some Tom Daley/One Direction fan fiction, here's a friendly reminder that you have pretty big shoes to fill.
Gwyneth Paltrow's memory of a childhood Christmas is predictably humble and accessible:
"I remember being probably about 4 years old and coming down and my presents were so tall, they were taller than I was. It was this incredible moment where Santa Claus had brought me all of these presents and it was the most astounding thing to have a mountain of presents that was taller than myself."
When I was a girl, I was given a rag doll made out of chicken bones and tuberculosis rags, but you know what? I was grateful! GRATEFUL.
Rita Ora — WHO WILL NEVER BE BEYONCÉ NO MATTER HOW HARD SHE TRIES — has been cast as Christian Grey's sister in the 50 Shades of Grey movie. Total un-Beyoncé move, Rita.
- Good news for all you B-list actresses out there: George Clooney has yet to meet the love of his life. Maybe it's you? (It's probably not you.) [UsWeekly]
- Suki Waterhouse lies about how boring her relationship with Bradley Cooper is because if she didn't, she would just end up going on and on about the great love that they share. Sounds like a tough life. Related: Who is Suki Waterhouse? [Elle UK]
- Jennie Garth is releasing a memoir just DAYS before Jason Priestley and the halls of West Beverly Hills High School are abuzz with the scandal. [Hollywood Reporter]
- Bob Dylan is being sued for alleged racism after comparing Croatians to Nazis and slave owners in an interview with French Rolling Stone. So, Bob, how does it feel? [The Independent]
- Somewhere in LA, a little canary named Jenny Lewis met up with a little starling named Anne Hathaway and the two feathered friends joined together to sing a Beck song. [Just Jared]
- Kimye took a selfie near some toilets. [Kim Kardashian's Instagram]
- Fast and Furious 7 has delayed production in order to regroup following the untimely death of Paul Walker:( [Total Film]
- In other unfortunate news, actress Jean Kent has passed away at the age of 92. [Hollywood Reporter]
- But don't despair! Your favorite musician Skrillex is planning a bunch of multi-day parties called "Skrillex Takeovers" across the globe! Oh, good. Because that definitely doesn't sound like your absolute worst nightmare. [Rolling Stone]
- Josh Brolin and Diane Lane have finalized their divorce. Too bad! I was really hoping those two kids could work it out. (JK, Josh Brolin is a dong.) [TMZ]
- Someone made a Guy Fieri out of balloons and the real Guy Fieri (who is made of muscle, bone and pipin' hot ranch dressing) got to pose with it. [Twitter]