A screenwriter who claims that his original plot was stolen and repurposed for Mission: Impossible—Ghost Protocol is suing Tom Cruise 'n' friends for literally one billion dollars. Literally. A billion.
Timothy Patrick McLanahan is suing Tom Cruise, Brad Grey, Paramount Pictures, Skydance Pictures, Cruise/Wagner Productions and others for copyright infringement because he claims they stole his script idea for the making of the 2011 film Mission: Impossible—Ghost Protocol.
According to the legal documents obtained by E! News, McLanahan says he wrote a screenplay in 1998 called Head On, which he subsequently sent to William Morris Agency.
He claims the script was taken to CAA without his knowledge and shown to Cruise's agent.
McLanahan says when he saw Mission: Impossible—Ghost Protocol he "immediately recognized the script for this movie had been illegally written and produced from Head On's 1998" script. He does not cite any examples of similarities in his lawsuit.
Well, joke's on THAT guy, because they actually stole it from MY original script, Ghoul Rules! Someone gimme a boat! #rich [E!]
LOLOOLLOLOLOOLOLOL, Harry Styles reportedly spent $33,000 on "sexually provocative art." GO LOOK AT IT. GO CLICK THROUGH AND LOOK AT IT.
E! News confirms the One Direction crooner spent a good $33,000 on original pieces byartist Hayden Kays, whose work is both provocative and sexual. But Styles didn't purchase artwork featuring any naked bodies or people in the act. Instead, they're just suggestive (and kind of hilarious) typed works.
"Harry bought 20 pieces of artwork by Hayden Kays. He purchased them last week," a source exclusively tells E! News. "They are original works and they are all unique. They are not prints. They are all done on the same typewriter. Each piece is hand-typed and produced."
"Each of the artworks cost 1,000 pounds or about $1,400 to $1,500," the source added. "The artworks show a level of sentiment and love and affection. They are social commentary and involve mind games. They have a theme of love and sex."
Ohhhhhhhh my god, that is a whole bunch of vapid, twee nothingness. Seriously, white dudes can literally just make what-the-fuck-ever and call it art. [E!]
- Harry Styles is also dating Pat Benatar's daughter, which CHARMS ME TO MY CORE, for some reason. [Crushable]
- Lily Collins is dating an Australian actor named Thomas Cocquerel. Hahahhhaha, cock. [Us]
- Baron Davis married Isabella Brewster. [Us]
- Stephanie Seymour is the new face of Estee Lauder at age 45. Neat! [People]
- Kanye is reportedly planning the entire wedding, including picking out Kim's wedding gown. Man, that shit is going to be bananas. I have never wanted to go to any event so much in my life and that includes MY OWN WEDDING. [ShowbizSpy]
- Ruben Studdard offered his opinion on Biggest Loser winner Rachel Frederickson's controversial weight loss. (Basically his opinion is, "She's my friend. Leave me alone.") [Extra]
- Tom Sizemore says that he was wrong about Elizabeth Hurley fornicating it with President Clinton, and that what had actually happened was that he was drunk. [HuffPo]
- Olympic ski jumper Sarah Hendrickson has a crush on Bradley Cooper. [E!]
- QUICK! EVERYONE COMPARE AND RANK THESE HUMAN WOMEN! [E!]
- You guys. We don't even talk anymore.
Images via Getty.