A story for the taxing times we live in, specifically this week: Page Six reported on Saturday that Tori Spelling—daughter of TV mogul Aaron Spelling—and her husband, Dean McDermott, had their bank accounts drained by the IRS.
While it’s not clear what precisely triggered the IRS to take action, the couple’s financial woes, especially in the past year, have been reported on extensively.
Entertainment Tonight reported in November that American Express was suing the couple over an unpaid credit card balance that was about $50,000 higher than the balance the credit card company had sued them over the previous year.
In July, the couple was informed they owe a little over $700,000 in unpaid federal taxes, and that was just for 2014.
And just last month Page Six reported that McDermott’s ex-wife was threatening him with jail time if he continued not to pay the child support he owes her.
So the situation is looking pretty bleak for the Spelling-McDermott household at the moment, and it can’t be helping matters that taxes are due on Tuesday.
Well, that last story was a bummer. Here’s the outfit that Carolina QB Cam Newton wore yesterday at Coachella.
It’s a flying (Victoria’s Secret) angel, a.k.a. Bella Hadid skydiving in Dubai.
- 15-year-old Blanket Jackson is reportedly living virtually alone in an LA mansion. [Page Six]
- Sam Hunt and Hannah Lee Fowler got married in Georgia. [Us Weekly]
- Jennifer Garner, making her first public appearance since filing for divorce from Ben Affleck earlier this week, was spotted at a cat cafe. [People]
- Melissa McCarthy as Sean Spicer on SNL: “I clearly meant to say ‘concentration clubs’” [People]
- Lady Gaga performed a new, pretty regular, indie pop song, “The Cure,” at Coachella that you will listen to for the entire summer. [Teen Vogue]