Rob Lowe and Rashida Jones will be leaving Parks and Rec during the 13th episode of the upcoming sixth season, executive producer Mike Schur has confirmed — because their characters are maybe, probably, having that baby they were talking about at the end of last season.
"With [on-and-off couple Anne Perkins and Chris Traeger] contemplating parenthood, it felt like a natural time to move them into the next phase. We absolutely love both Rashida and Rob, and will be sad to see them go.
Rashida was one of the very first people we knew we wanted in the cast, and as important as Ann is to Leslie (and vice-versa), she’ll certainly never be far from Pawnee. Rob we initially thought we could only have for six or eight episodes, and we couldn’t be happier that he will have stuck around for 75."
The episode will probs land during February sweeps. Both Lowe and Jones have projects on their hands — he is about to play JFK in a NatGeo biopic, she has a TV deal with Warner. I have to admit that I have never been super-nuts about Ann, but Rob Lowe proved himself indispensable with the following 0:27 seconds. [Buzzfeed]
Amanda Bynes has been stabilized and seems to be improving at the psych hospital, where doctors prescribed a drug cocktail geared towards controlling schizophrenia. In the last three days, she has stopped talking to herself and insulting people, and has begun to use "please" and "thank you." However, today is her court hearing to try for a release, and the fact that she seems to have improved may help her get out — even though there are no guarantees that she'll stay on the meds. [TMZ]
Chris Noth(stache), who has hated on Sex and The City in his day, agrees with TV critic Emily Nussbaum's defense of the show's cultural importance in the New Yorker: "I thought she was spot-on about how we’ve sort of gotten used to [talking about the show] in the wrong way. And I think people — and I have, too, wrongly, sometimes — said, ‘Oh, it’s just about the glitz.’ I think people got sick of the materialistic aspect of it, which flowered the most in maybe the last movie, but that’s not the heart of what that show was. It was nice to be reminded."
It is less nice to be reminded what Mr. Big would look like if he ran at lightning speed into McGruber. Shaaaaave? [Vulture]
Carly Simon has apparently told Taylor Swift who "You're So Vain" is about. (Warren Beatty's the most popular theory.) (How about a curveball, like thinking-lady's '70s sex symbol Elliott Gould?? He is my phone background!) [TMZ]
- Britney Spears "gets it," says Miley Cyrus. [Gossip Cop]
- Joan Collins is furious at Mrs. Partridge for writing about Joan's predilection for four-ways and pr0n in her memoir. [TMZ]
- Randy Travis left the hospital. [People]
- Kellan Lutz unfortunately prefers wearing clothes over being naked. :| [People]
- Ariel Winter's mom lost her bid to regain custody. [People]
- Lea Michele is wearing a "Cory" necklace now. God, that shit is rough. [HuffPo]
- "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo: Alana Thompson creates a farting, punching game." K. [Us Weekly]
- Aubrey Plaza has a crush (I refuse to use the phrase "girl crush" on principle) on Amy Poehler. Get in line, Plaza. [Page Six]
- Lee Daniels used to use the N-word a lot until Oprah schooled his ass. [Gossip Cop]
- Some probably-untrue reports from "insiders" (discarded half-eaten White Castle burgers in a Calabasas gutter) say Jennifer Aniston is undergoing IVF. [Radar Online]
- Cynthia Nixon (a Bill de Blasio supporter) wishes that local frenulum Anthony Weiner would quit the race. [E!]
- Justin Bieber was cleared in a paparazzi hit-and-run case. [Gossip Cop]
- Denzel Washington's wife said no to his marriage proposals, twice! [E!]
- Get your nose out of Amber Heard and Johnny Depp's relationship, she says. [Gossip Cop]
- Beautiful Wes Bentley talked overcoming heroin. [THR]
- Lindsay Lohan's going to therapy to make sure the sobriety sticks. [ABC News]
- Martha Stewart is the Heisenberg of tasteful crockery. "She doesn't trust anybody and she has to control everything." "She just wants more, more, more, Even though she has a million trees, she buys more trees. It’s her genius and it’s in some ways her downfall — that ‘always hungry’ thing." She is the one who crocks. [Page Six]
- K-Stew yelled at a photographer: "You're a piece of shit, you don't deserve to breathe the same air that I do." [Page Six]
- And here's Courtney Stodden wearing lettuce on her ass. I'm out. [Radar Online]