Blessed be: it looks as though all of our 90's nostalgia may finally manifest itself into something useful and beauteous. In an interview with The Sun, Brian Litrell of The Backstreet Boys said that the boy band, now comprised of several grown-ass men, is in talks with The Spice Girls about going on a joint international tour.
Let's shift through the assorted clues like so many tea leaves. Evidence for: Emma Bunton made a joke about the band doing a Vegas residency kind of recently, and one time Mel C said that they'd so something in 2016 to mark the 20th anniversary of "Wannabe." Evidence against: Brian's always had kind of a shifty look about him.
(Obviously, Victoria Beckham — who literally said "I won't ever do it again" when asked about singing with the Spice Girls — will not be included in this plan. This is just like when she refused to go through the obstacle course in Spice World.) [E!]
Rihanna will receive the CFDA Fashion Icon award in the upcoming CFDA Awards in NYC; past recipients include Iman, Kate Moss and Lady Gaga. It's about damn time Rihanna got some recognition for her very influential work popularizing the denim thong (and also for looking absolutely perfect all of the time). [Billboard]
Jennifer Aniston on Hollywood's ageism in an interview with WWD: "Your age always has to be mentioned and men don't really get that for some reason. It's not like you see Joe Schmo, 37," she said. In a separate interview with the AP, she said that tabloids are "toxic" but "you have to not let it imprison you." WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST LEAVE JEN ALONE? [ONTD, The Wrap]
- Taylor Swift can't get a date because of her "strange" personality, says dubious story. By this it is meant that she writes songs about her exes. I feel like if you're going to go through the effort of making up a story about T-Swift being undateable, you might as well come up with a less tired angle (like that time some tabloid said Harry Styles broke up with her because she was too obsessed with antiquing). [Radar]
- On the subject of Taylor Swift, she recently spent nearly five hours visiting young cancer patients in a New York hospital (there's a video at the link). [E!]
- Cressida Bonas' brother is worried about the constant media attention his sister is getting for dating Prince Harry. But the most important part of this story is the fact that his name is JACOBI ANSTRUTHER-GOUGH-CALTRHOPE. [E!]
- Tyler Glenn (of the band Neon Trees) came out as gay in an interview with Rolling Stone. [Gossip Cop]
- Lady Gaga dressed as a sexy/elegant takeout burrito. [Just Jared]
- Playboy and Pitbull have entered into a "strategic partnership." ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ [ONTD]
- Johnny Weir's dog is caught in the middle of his divorce. [People]
- Lauren Conrad, who has remained famous via tasteful pastels and well-applied cat eye makeup, is on the cover of Allure. Here is her advice about your bed: "Your bed is for sleep and sex." Yeah, right; everyone knows your bed is for rolling around in a pile of delivery food and curling into your chins as you watch LOL starring Miley Cyrus on Netflix. [Just Jared]
- Columbus Short, who plays Harrison on Scandal, got into a bar fight that sent a man to the hospital. [TMZ]
- Ellen Page subtweeted a homophobic pastor: "2 da Pastor who wrote me-Being gay isn't a belief.My soul isnt struggling& I don't want arms of Heavenly Father around me... A girls arms? Yes." A+++. [Gossip Cop]
Images via Getty.