In an interview with Express, Sandra Bullock comes across as a remarkably composed, totally kickass and inspiring woman (probably because that's exactly what she is).
Although the profile focuses far too long on Men Who Have Wronged Sandy (yawn), she comes across as incredibly strong, self-sufficient, and all-around glorious. Discussing her swift divorce from former husband Jesse James, she said simply, "My mother raised me not to depend on a man for anything. I may have taken that to extremes."
She also spoke about the immense pressure she puts on herself to succeed:
I was afraid of being a failure, of not having the best time or of being chicken. But every year I get older I think, 'What was I fearing last year?' You forget. And then you move on.
I used to get out of bed sometimes and feel depressed and watched a lot of reruns on TV to get over it. I should have allowed myself to be a little more human and not worry about trying to be a superwoman.
But you ARE a superwoman, Sandy!! [Express]
Michelle Williams recently opened up about her daughter Matilda, and what she had to say is very sweet and cute and tender. At the New Yorker festival, she said that Matilda's beginning to understand more and more, having recently figured out who Glinda the Good Witch is: "She would go up to people in the park and say, ‘My mommy is Glinda the Good Witch in Oz. There’s two bad ones and only one good one and that’s my mom.’”
I guess her recent visit to the old Dawson's Creek set didn't impress her as much (unless she secretly means that Dawson and Pacey are the bad witches)? [Just Jared]
Justin Bieber got into a shirtless fist fight at a club in South Korea because he deemed the DJ set not hip-hoppy enough (as one does). According to DJ Michael Woods (whoever that is), the Biebz and his security team barged into the DJ booth demanding that more hip hop be played for the boy king. When DJ Michael Woods refused to comply, the toughest dancing imp in all of the land allegedly punched Woods' tour manager and then fled the scene.
In the aftermath of the brawl, Deadmau5, a man famous for wearing a giant mouse helmet and dancing about at rave parties, has weighed in and proclaimed Bieber immature. [Billboard]
- There was a lawsuit about that Real Housewives of Atlanta song "Tardy for the Party" and it wasn't even All of The People in the Entire World v. Kim Zolciak. [Bossip]
- Pharell married his girlfriend Helen Lasichanh this weekend. [Us]
- Rose McGowan also got married! [E!]
- And, most importantly, JASON FROM LAGUNA BEACH is also now a married man. Not to Jessica. Does anyone know what Jessica is doing right now? Please tell me; I must know. [Gossip Cop]
- Selena Gomez has a crush on Drake, she said in a radio interview. Unfortunately, however, "I mean this in the nicest way, I just don’t have a big enough butt for Drake." Way to be realistic? I don't know, guys. [Bossip]
- Haley Joel Osmont looks way different than he did in The Sixth Sense, probably because he's no longer 8 years old. [Huffington Post]
- In a Reddit AMA, Benedict Cumberbatch responded to Julian Assange's angry letter about The Fifth Estate and oh my god he is so smart and cool. [Huffington Post]
- Known gentleman and all-around nice guy Shia LeBeouf refused to stop filming a woman who was throwing up while out in London, so a bystander kicked him in the groin. Just a day in the life of Shia. [Gossip Cop]
- Taylor Swift opened her own education center in the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum in Nashville. [Just Jared]
- Kelly Osbourne sported a $1 MILLION DOLLAR MANICURE made of CRUSHED DIAMONDS. "I help this magnificent little bottle get sold a BIG amount of money will be donated to The Sharon Osbourne colon cancer foundation and Race to Erase MS!" she said on Instagram. I mean, her heart is in the right place, but literally no one in the world is going to buy a bottle nail varnish made of crushed-up jewels. [Huffington Post]
- Here's Gordan Ramsay in a swimsuit. [ONTD]
- Some speculate that Charlie Hunnam backed out of Fifty Shades of Grey because he was worried that it would be his version of Showgirls. YOU DON'T SAY. [Perez Hilton]
- Lorde and Kanye West had an interaction and it was totally cool, mostly because she suppressed her desire to touch his grill. [Perez Hilton]
- Tom Brady and Gisele Bundchen had the most picturesque autumn day of all yesterday. Everyone was kissing and wearing a hat. [PopSugar]
- These "engagement photos" of Prince Harry and Cressida Bonas are fake. You can tell because 1) A "barefoot casual engagement upon a park bench!" would never happen, and 2) Cressida Bonas is not wearing a scrunchie. [The Hollywood Gossip]
- Chrissy Teigen performed a "vagina raspberry" on Brooklyn Decker and TMZ made an entire video montage about it. [TMZ]