The inimitable Robin Wright was interviewed for the cover of Town and Country, and she said a ton of wonderful stuff about refusing to sacrifice her values in order to get roles.
When she was first offered the part of Claire Underwood in House of Cards, she says that she felt pressure to get a face lift, but she quelled that urge as soon as it bubbled up:
"I was sitting there going, 'You're 45, and you're not gonna get a face-lift,' " she says. "And I was really considering that stuff, because in Hollywood the pressure's there. You better lift that face and pump those lips and hike those boobs! And I was like, 'I don't want to do that. I'm going to get older. I'm going to have wrinkles!' "
She also spoke about refusing to take insubstantial arm candy-esque roles with no real depth or purpose: "I opted not to work if there wasn't enough to do in a role, which doesn't have to do with the role's size. If there's nothing for me to do as an actress, that's frustrating." (She's hesitant to take on wife roles for that reason, so she originally turned down the Claire Underwood part — but director David Fincher promised her it would be collaborative, so she signed on. Once she agreed, House of Cards creator Beau Willimon says he scrapped every Claire scene. "It was deeply embarrassing," he told Town and Country re: the first draft of the first episode, "because Claire was arm candy. I had to rethink her.")
ROBIN WRIGHT 4EVER. [Town and Country]
Helena Bonham Carter says that one time she got really drunk and tried to obtain a royal godparent (specifically, Prince William) for her child: while on vacation in the Caribbean, she says, she ran into him and then-girlfriend Kate Milddeton. "I got very drunk at one point and was determined to ask him to be a godfather to my daughter. He quite wisely said no." [People]
In other Royal News, Prince Harry sent his first-ever Tweet. Coincidentally, Morrissey (who once charmingly said, "That the future of the monarchy rests on the natural idiocy of Harry, zombified William and airhead Kate, is quite frightening," among lots of other cute stuff about the Royal Family) joined Twitter the next day.
- Morgan Freeman says he has "no intention of retiring now or any time in the next few decades." Does this mean there's going to be a Last Vegas sequel? Probably. [E!]
- Emma Watson will graduate from Brown this year with a degree in English Literature (and a minor in Transfiguration lol NAILED IT!!!!) [Hello!]
- Emily Blunt once took Tom Cruise to sex club The Box, a place where, in her words, "There's weird things that go on and make you cringe" (such as "Tom Cruise attending a sex club"). [Just Jared]
- Jared Leto is trying to make men's drop crotch pants happen. Feel like it is kind of sacrilegious to look that much like Jesus while wearing the devil's garb. [Just Jared]
- Taylor Kinney doesn't have a favorite Lady Gaga song. [Just Jared]
- Rihanna wore a very cute lil pink wig. [ONTD]
- And Kendall Jenner's hair is almost entirely blue. Will this RUIN KIM'S WEDDING? Do they even allow blue-haired teenagers on private jets to Florence? Much intrigue. [People]
- Justin Bieber got sued again ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ [TMZ]
- Eva Mendes gave Ryan Gosling an "accessories makeover," which I hope just means that she made him a shirt of Macaulay Culkin wearing a shirt of him wearing a shirt of Macaulay Culkin. [Radar]