Following his arrest Monday for allegedly assaulting his son’s UCLA football coach with a kettlebell, Sean “Diddy” Combs has released a statement via his rep.
“The various accounts of the events and charges that are being reported are wholly inaccurate,” the rep told E! News. “What we can say now is that any actions taken by Mr. Combs were solely defensive in nature to protect himself and his son. We are confident that once the true facts are revealed, the case will be dismissed.”
As TMZ previously reported:
Diddy insists the drama began during a workout session yesterday because strength and conditioning coach Sal Alosi was “riding Justin badly” and told him not to come back until the end of the summer.
Diddy went to the campus today to speak with Alosi — believing he has an “issue” with Justin — but things didn’t go well when he arrived to campus.
Details of the altercation are unclear and differ depending on who you ask (Diddy claims he was acting in self-defense, Alosi claims he was attacked). As of now, Diddy is being charged with one count of making terrorist threats, one count of battery, and three counts of assault with a deadly weapon.
One week after receiving remarkably light sentencing for violently threatening flight attendants and passengers on an airplane, Conrad Hilton has been arrested again, this time for breaking into his ex girlfriend’s house. The twist? His ex is the daughter of Rick Salomon, the man with whom his sister Paris Hilton made the sex tape that would launch her career.
Hope you’re looking forward to seeing Conrad and his exceedingly punchable face get off the hook for this one, too! [Dlisted]
Kanye West is happy to admit that he was wrong for talking shit about Beck at this year’s Grammy’s. “I’m fine to apologize for inaccuracies. You know, I send flowers for inaccuracies,” he told The Sunday Times. “I talked to Beck’s wife, and I think I had a point about Beyoncé’s album, but I think I was inaccurate with the concept of a gentleman who plays 14 instruments not respecting artistry.” [The Sunday Times]
- Will Arnett is back on the market. [US Weekly]
- OITNB’s Dascha Polanco has joined the Cool Red Head Club. Welcome. [Too Fab]
- Mark Wahlberg made a cameo at NKOTB’s Madison Square Garden show. Does this kind of thing matter to you? [Billboard]
- In very sad news, Titanic composer James Horner has passed away. James Cameron has written a tribute. [THR]
- Aw, man! Your plans to go see Nickelback this summer are totally ruined! [Page Six]
- Miley Cyrus thanked Terry Richardson for not photoshopping her armpit hair out of a recent photoshoot. Wow! So cool that he represents his models’ real bodies/only ejaculates in some of their faces against their will! [Billboard]
Contact the author at email@example.com.
Images via Getty/Tumblr.