Re-watch your VHS of the Oscar-winning Julia Stiles rom-com The Prince And Me, because Prince Harry is on our shores and hearts are motherfucking AFLUTTER. Michelle Obama and Jill Biden surprised their guests at a White House Mother's Day ceremony when the Royal Ginger Apparated in front of the crowd.
Mobama introduced him: "He's only got a limited amount of time with us but when he heard about the tea party and all of you, he wanted to be part of it to personally thank you for your service." Or, as USA Today puts it:
Rarely has such squealing been heard in the corridors of the Capitol when the 28-year-old third-in-line to the British throne turned up for a visit Thursday.
And then more squealing when he appeared at a White House tea party for an unexpected drop-in with a crowd of stunned military moms and grandmoms.
The First Lady is so not a squealer, but look at the eyes. She's giving him eyes! [People]
Randy Jackson has something to share with you. "Yo! Yo! Yo! To put all of the speculation to rest, after 12 years of judging on 'American Idol' I have decided it is time to leave after this season." Yes, dawg, he will be departing for good. Shiva at my house. [TMZ]
Amanda Bynes' parents are finally commandeering their troubled, Twitter-frenzied daughter's life after a long estrangement (Amanda's call).
“Amanda’s parents are ecstatic that they were able to reconnect with her last week and they’re hoping it will last. A visit is planned, but they’ve purposely not told Amanda exactly when it will be because they want to catch her off guard and see how she’s living her day-to-day life in New York. They know they have just this small window to help her. It’s not going to be like a formal intervention or anything, but they plan on getting her help."
And, and, Mandaz pled no contest to driving with a suspended license. [TMZ]
Fire Pokemon Justin Bieber has some interesting ideas about masculinity.
"I think it's up to the guy to be romantic. I think it's the guy's responsibility to take her out. It can't be the other way around. That would take away my masculinity; I feel if that would happen. I think that the most romantic things to do for someone are the things that you spend time on. Like having a picnic where you bring all the stuff they like. You make it something that she's going to remember so she can tell all of her friends. Stuff she can say, 'He did this for me!' That's great."
Elsewhere, Selena Gomez reflects on their union. "[It was] crazy and very intense," she said. "It's uncomfortable that everywhere I go, people know. I don't like that." Rumors of the two's reunion are unconfirmed, but maybe/maybe not Beebz' mom Pattie Mallette encouraged Selena to join him in Norway to get him back on the straight and narrow. [Gossip Cop, NZcity.co.nz, NYDN]
Taylor Swift sent Selena Gomez a video of herself dancing to Gomez's new album. "She's like the cutest dancer, because she has this little ponytail and her little bangs, and she's like just the cutest thing in the world." [Us Weekly]
- Lindsay Lohan and Brooke Mueller are both at the Betty Ford Clinic. (Thelma and Louise Bust Out and Go To Senor Frogs?) [TMZ]
- The headline says Hota Kotb Landing Strips and that's where I stopped reading. Sorry, friends. [TMZ]
- Amy Poehler and Nick Kroll: still dating! [Us Weekly]
- Chris Evans bought a shitty little nothing house. [Us Weekly]
- Penn Badgley didn't give Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds a wedding present, not even "Greetings from Penn Badgley. Go fuck yourselves" written on an Arby's napkin. [Us Weekly]
- David Beckham and Victoria Beckham put their lips together and 2 became 1. [Us Weekly]
- Hahaha. This picture of Mary-Kate Olsen and Olivier Sarkozy. Hahhaha. [Us Weekly]
- Some music producer's suing for featuring his music on various Kardashian shows, unauthorized. [Radar Online]
- 24 may be coming back to Fox as a limited series. [Gossip Cop]
- Heeere's the music video for Mariah Carey and Miguel's "Beautiful." [Gossip Cop]
- Kimye's still not technically engaged. I know: You're sweating bullets. [Page Six]
- Also, Kanye West is gonna be in Anchorman 2?! [Access Atlanta]
- Jake Gyllenhaal read poetry at a benefit for Iraq and Afghanistan veterans. (Not his own, unfortunately.) [Page Six]
- Chrissy Teigen insists that John Legend didn't cheat on her. [Page Six]